Does anyone get in for fall/select wait list?

<p>Does anyone know if any students got in for fall off the select wait list in the past? I know admission is guaranteed for spring, or the following fall.</p>

<p>i was on the select wait list last year...usually all the freshman spots fill up by may 1st..your chances are slim of being accepted for fall....i wasnt...i choose to come in the spring which turned out to be a great decision b/c of the new dorms that im in</p>

<p>Bran10,
I think, if I read your other posts, you went to Stonybrook for a semester, was it uncomfortable leaving after a semester, like leaving you roommate and such? I'm sure students are coming and going, and this happems a lot, leaving after a semester. Also, being you started January, what about not having orientation and such? Was that a problem for you?</p>

<p>i basically kept a secret from my friends that i made at stony that i was transferring...i picked a school i had no interest in...i eventually told them a month before the semester ended...they were disappointed but very understanding....it wasn't hard to leave..i wanted out asap.....actually there was an orientation for all the transfers students...it was 2 days before everyone else came back to campus...it was a shortened orientation..which was much better than the summer orientation for the fall freshman...i picked classes then...what was kind of annoying was getting the leftover classes...everyone else had signed up before....wasnt really a big deal for me...i got all the classes i wanted...</p>

<p>So, Bran10, at this point, do you feel you assimilated as well as any fall freshman, or do you still feel new, compared to the fall freshman?</p>

<p>Also, do you know any students at New Paltz, and if you do, are they happy with New Paltz on the whole? Trying to decide between New Paltz/fall 2008, geneseo spring 2009, or possibly starting New Paltz fall2008, and transferring to Geneseo,spring 2009 or fall2009, if it doesn't work out at New Paltz.</p>

<p>ddotjon---I'm in the same boat and actually considering doing the exact same thing. I haven't actually visited New Paltz yet, but if I did decide to go I'd most likely transfer to Geneseo in the Spring.</p>

<p>I really don't like the whole situation, but I'm trying my best to see the positives in it. A lot of my friends were rejected so I guess I am kind of lucky.</p>

<p>Eriniggy,
yes, you are lucky. You were accepted to Geneseo, in essence they are saying you are accepted, they just ran out of spots for fall. If you want to attend in spring, not really a big deal, people come and go a lot. Always transfers in and out. The only down side, is adjusting to campus , say at New Paltz, and then having to decide whether or not to transfer. I think some might like New Paltz and stay.</p>