Does anyone have a child (preferably a son) at Pomona?

Hi! I am looking to learn more about the social culture at Pomona for my son who is considering it as a ‘27. We visited for revisit day but didn’t get a chance to talk to current students and I had a few questions. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Hi! Mine just committed in class of 27. We went to admitted student day and they loved the vibe and connected with many of the incoming students, but would love to hear from anyone with a current student as well!

Hi! Thanks for the message. What is your student interested in/what types of students did they connect with?

Mine is interested in arts and politics, also plays ultimate and ran CC - interested in club sports. Met kids from all over with a variety of interests, they thought the kids were fun, smart with a good sense of humor and adventure, but not big partiers. They also found the kids to be friendly and easy to connect with. They talked to faculty in politics, environmental studies and theater and thought they were approachable and supportive. Definitely our overall best visit. We had heard that the vibe was smart kids who like to learn, but are not competitive and create a study-play balance - our impression was that this is mostly accurate (but, have not been a student there yet). Left and could not stop thinking about the school - committed 3 days later.
What were your impressions/concerns about the school?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.