Does anyone have AP World History Credit?

<p>DegreeWorks shows this:
TRGS HI Transfer Gen Stdy History P 3 Summer 2012
Satisfied by APTRGSHI - Advanced Placement
TRGS HI Transfer Gen Stdy History P 3 Summer 2012
Satisfied by APTRGSHI - Advanced Placement</p>

<p>But also says this:
Not yet complete Depth Study</p>

<p>Still Needed: 2 Classes in HI, SB, HU, L, or FA courses. Students must complete 6 total credits with these core designations in the same discipline (subject) to fulfill this requirement. </p>

<p>Should the AP World History credit count towards the HI depth study?</p>

<p>That’s what mine says. On the AP credits thing last year it said that we would get credit for HY101 and 102 for AP World but this year it only lists TRGS HI.</p>

<p>Contact that lady that was mentioned in an eariler thread. She knows everything about these things. I’ll try to find her name/contact info. </p>

<p>Do you have any other AP history credit? </p>

<p>Is there a Clep test you can take?</p>

<p>Found her…Jeannie Thomley</p>

<p>Name Department Phone E-mail Affiliation
Thomley, Jean College of Arts & Sciences, Dean’s Office 205-348-3748 <a href=“mailto:jthomley@as.ua.edu”>jthomley@as.ua.edu</a> Staff</p>

<p>My son took AP World Hist as a junior but his degree works shows he has credit for HY 101 & 102 ? I would assume if a change took place it would be for all incoming freshman and would not be based on when they took the AP class? sorry I’m not of help here…</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure my AP World credit is in degreeworks. I know I saw that my depth study was satisfied.</p>

<p>Did anyone hear back anything about this? I would think that AP World would cover HY 101 and 102, but my D’s Degreeworks does not show it that way either.</p>

<p>AP World doesn’t cover HY 101-102 anymore…it is now Transfer Credit General Studies History. </p>

<p>The question is whether that is a sequence or not. Call Jeanie</p>

<p>I contacted Jeannie and she forwarded my question to the College of Engineering. They made the change in Degree Works so that AP World History now shows as Depth Study Credit. I am not certain if they just changed my son’s account or if the modified the main program to reflect it. Check your Degree Works to see if the change has been made…if not, contact the Registrar for the college in which you are enrolled. (Jeannie is the Registrar for the College of Arts and Sciences only.)</p>

<p>I contacted Jeannie as well and she forwarded my email to the Registrar’s office. I asked specifically about students entering in Fall 2013. I am very pleased with the answer! This was the email I received:</p>

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>TRGS is a subject code we use for transfer courses carry that have general education credit but do not equate to a specific course with general studies credit at this university. Some AP credit would be an example of this.</p>

<p>The TRGS HI course, which is TRansfer General Studies History, will help to fulfill the depth study requirement.</p>

<p>Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!</p>

<p>Kurt Morton
Office of the University Registrar
The University of Alabama
206 Student Services Center
BOX 870134
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
p: 205-348-0958
f: *205-348-8187
<a href=“mailto:kurt.morton@ua.edu”>kurt.morton@ua.edu</a></p>