Does anyone here have the online subscription to US News? The UNDERGRAD ranking for engineering is

<p>The undergrad ranking for engineering is listed there and I was wondering what it is now.</p>

<p>If you have it, go to the UA page and click on the rankings page. If you just put in engineering, you’ll probably get the grad ranking, which I already have. </p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>Alabama’s undergrad Engineering program is ranked 100th. They are actually tied with several other universities such as: Mississippi State University, SMU, Univ. of Arkansas, Univ. of Texas-Arlington, etc.</p>

<p>Thats a rise from where it used to be. When the large number ofnew faculty begin producing more research, it should move up faster. But getting published can take several years.</p>

<p>busyperson1, Where is UAHuntsville on that list?</p>

<p>@ThreeKidsMom, UAHuntsville is ranked 109th along with Tulane Univ., Temple Univ., So. Dakota School of Mines, New Mexico State, Howard Univ., George Mason, Univ. of Idaho, Univ. of Louisville, Univ. of So. Carolina, West Virginia Univ., etc. Because of ties, the rankings actually go from 100 to 109. </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Engineering rankings don’t mean a whole lot. </p>

<p>This country has over 200 very good engineering programs. </p>

<p>This country has such a great need for engineers that it is unrealistic to think that only 25 or 50 school are supplying the “very good engineers”. And, our states have a vested interest in having very good engineering schools locally so as to provide skilled engineers for each state.</p>

<p>I find it funny that people think, “Oh, I have to go to a top 10 engineering school.” That is fine if you can get in and easily afford it. But, to go into debt or “break the bank” to attend one is silly. Companies do not pay you more when they hire you. A company will offer a Berkeley grad the same salary as the Cal Poly grad or the UAH grad. </p>

<p>Most states have at least a few very good engineering schools. The state of Calif has over 25 very good engineering programs. The state of Alabama has several and it’s a relatively lowish population state.</p>

<p>It’s not difficult for an established school to have a very good engineering program. It’s not some mysterious formula. Look for ABET accreditation. </p>

<p>Bama’s engineering disciplines are ABET accredited. </p>

<p>I worked with engineers who went to Ivy League schools, and they earned no more salary than me. I have a high school friend who went to Harvard majoring in CS and ended up with stretches of unemployment when the industry had downturns.</p>