Does anyone know anything about tansferring from one UC to another?

<p>It looks like I will be attending UCSD next year (begrudgingly so), but I really want to go to Berkeley and go to Haas. I was wondering if it is a difficult process to do inter-UC school system transfers or whether it is just like any other transfer process.</p>

<p>Might go ask around in the UC transfer forum.</p>

<p>I’m facing the same situation, I want to go to a UC like Berkley or LA and am thinking of transferring.
I have yet to decide between UCSD and UCSB for now.</p>

<p>Transfers are not that common between UCs - mostly the schools have their transfer slots reserved for students coming from 2 year institutions to take their final two years at Cal.</p>

<p>To be competitive for intercampus transfer, you should complete the general education and major prerequisite requirements at your campus prior to the end of your sophomore year. The UC reciprocity agreement allows you to use the requirements from your campus to fulfill the requirements at the other UC campus.</p>

<p>Berkeley generally discourages intercampus transfer. Applicants with compelling reason for needing the transfer and those who have exceptional academic records and/or leadership potentials are more likely to be considered for acceptance.</p>

<p>UCLA gives the same priority to intercampus transfer applicants as CA community college transfer applicants.</p>

<p>I’m applying to transfer to UCLA and UCB :smiley: I don’t think its very common… But I know people who have transferred between UCs :smiley: but… hardly ever are they to CAL or LA.
I know like… two people who transferred from UCD to UCB ><</p>

<p>I transferred from UC to UC. However, from what I’ve heard, Haas does not accept ANY UC to UC transfers.</p>

<p>The intercampus transfer rate is extremely low to Haas, but most likely because it is virtually impossible to complete ALL the requirements you need for a successful transfer.</p>

<p>@arcadefire1027: when did you do a uc to uc transfer?</p>

<p>This year. Just finished at UCR and am moving to UCLA this fall.</p>

<p>Apparently there are no spring transfers this year :(</p>