Does Common App show if Mid Year Report was submitted?

How is it possible to tell if the counselor has submitted the Mid Year Report? We are looking at Recommenders & FERPA, but not seeing it here (yet):

At our large public HS, seniors have been instructed not to ask counselors about the mid year report, since each counselor is responsible for 400-450 seniors. Counselors sent out a bulk email that they would send the reports for all seniors through Common App at the beginning of this week. (Our school doesn’t use Naviance or another service to send these.) Just trying to track when they go out to the schools that require them.

I am the “guidance counselor” for my homeschooled son. After I submitted his midyear report, I don’t remember if it showed up as submitted in his common app account, but it showed up in the portals of the schools that he applied to within two days.

It shows up as submitted on my Recommender portal. My school uses Cialfo.

We can see it in our Common App (Recommender section), but it only showed up there, I think, once it was downloaded by the college (which matches the day it showed up in the college applicant portal). It all happened quickly - within a day or two of when we think the counselor submitted it. But we did not see it in the Common App until the college downloaded it…we checked a day or two before hoping to see “submitted” but didn’t.

1 Like