Does Crimson Ride go downtown?

<p>“Son” has a couple extra credit opportunities for his sociology class by watching a play at the Bama Theatre. He doesn’t have his car on campus and he’s not crazy about the idea of having to walk down there and back. </p>

<p>Does Crimson Ride head down that way or does The University have any other shuttles that run downtown daily?</p>

<p>The Crimson Ride does not go downtown. 348-RIDE will go downtown, though not as far as the Bama Theatre in my experience. 348-Ride would drop off/pick up a student at the Intermodal Transit/Parking Facility which is about 1 block away from the Bama Theatre. 348-Ride only operates after 10 PM weekdays and all day on the weekends, which doesn’t usually work for many of the events at the Bama Theatre unless he is willing to walk there and ride back. IMHO, it’s a pretty easy walk (1 mile each way) from Publix.</p>

<p>Thanks, that’s what he’ll have to do then unless he can get a ride from one of his roommates. </p>

<p>I told him if he’d have done better on his tests he wouldn’t have to worry about getting the extra credit. Hopefully he’ll think about that as he’s walking down there :-)</p>

<p>maybe he can hook up with a ride with someone from the class.</p>

<p>NJBama: Or maybe your “son” could ask a nice young lady who has a car to drive him. In exchange, he could purchase her a ticket.</p>

<p>Does he have a license to drive? Why not take a Zip Car?</p>

<p>*348-RIDE (7433)</p>

<p>The 348-RIDE (7433) is a free service that will transport you between locations on campus or between nearby residences and campus. Service is available when CrimsonRide Buses are not operating. While all calls are dispatched as soon as possible, high demand may result in delayed response. </p>

<p>The service area includes campus and neighborhoods between Greensboro Avenue to the west, 15th Street to the south, Helen Keller Boulevard to the east, and Jack Warner Parkway to the north.*</p>

<p>Since 348-Ride goes to Greensboro, it does go to Bama Theater.</p>

<p>However, a person has to call and wait for 348-Ride, so timing can be an issue if not careful.</p>

<p>Is there a classmate with a car that would also go?</p>

<p>He has a license but never signed up for the Zip car. Honestly I forgot all about that option but will remind him of it’s availability.</p>

<p>He’ll probably get a ride from one of his friends but the more I think about it the more I hope he has to walk. Will do him some good and maybe next time he’ll study a little more for his tests so he won’t have to worry about getting the extra credit.</p>

<p>*
Since 348-Ride goes to Greensboro, it does go to Bama Theater.*</p>

<p>I should clarify…It may not go to the door of Bama Theatre, but it will be quite close.</p>