Does Do the UCs ask for your senior year grades?

<p>I heard the application deadline was at 11/30 of your senior year. The application is online, so do they ask for the classes that you are taking in your senior year. I understand if they don’t ask for a numerical grade since the semester hasn’t ended, but do they ask for the letter grades of that year? I kind of didn’t do too well the second semester of my junior year, so I want to prove myself in senior year.</p>

<p>Not sure about the specific schools you are applying to but you send transcripts from both semesters as soon as you can. The first semester is used in the evaluation process unless you are applying ED, where you 2nd semester of jr year is the latest they can see.</p>

<p>On a rare occasion, UC may request senior grades. It’s called Augmented Review for applicants who are on the bubble.</p>

<p>There is no ED at the UC’s.</p>

<p>If needed, some UCs might request you to fill out a supplement. Not sure if that includes a transcript or not.</p>

<p>You list your first semester senior grades on the application. They request a final transcript by July, so although they don’t look at your second semester grades, they need to be kept at a certain level or you risk being rescinded.</p>

<p>The UC’s only have you put your freshman, sophomore, and junior grades from your high school. For your senior year, you only list what classes you are currently taking (1st semester) and what classes you are planning to take (2nd semester). In fact, as I remember in my UC application vividly, when your inputting your senior year course there is no drop down menu for grades. Also, the UC application is done by the letter grade system, there is no numerical grade option. And to my knowledge, UC’s don’t consider your senior grades until after you get accepted</p>

<p>Oh, okay. I asked my son and he told me he put down his grades. Sorry. My mistake.</p>

<p>Most high schools don’t finish their semester till December and that is after the UC application deadline.</p>

<p>Senior year grades are not calculated into the GPA for admission evaluation. If you are looking to improve your GPA, you may take community college or UC-approved online AP courses this summer. Grades received prior to the start of your senior year will be included in the GPA calculation.</p>