Does ELC affect your admission to schools you didn't get in for ELC

<p>I recently got a packet from my school saying that I need to release my transcripts for ELC (Eligibility in Local Context).</p>

<p>My question: If I get admitted into a lower UC through ELC, does that mean that my application to a better UC will be set aside and ignored?</p>

<p>Are you asking that question because you are wait listed somewhere?</p>

<p>I’m assuming you’re a junior. First of all, getting the ELC packet doesn’t necessarily guarantee that you actually have ELC. I believe most schools ask the top 15% to release their transcripts, but ELC is only given to the top 8 - 9%. Check your class rank with your counselor. And no, you won’t be passed on by higher UCs just because you have ELC. Most people who are admitted to Cal and LA have ELC; it just means your GPA is high. It’s a good thing – don’t worry about it.</p>

<p>

I’m not wait listed. I’m a junior right now and I haven’t started the application process. </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply. I may not have been specific enough in the first place.</p>

<p>What if the UC system decides that you are a fit for, say, Davis. Does that mean that Berkely and UCLA which are generally considered better; will ignore you?</p>

<p>Don’t worry about it. That doesn’t happen. Each campus evaluates its applicants pretty independently of one another. In general, UCs don’t look for “fit” like some private colleges do; they look at plainly at your application to see if you’re smart enough and have achieved enough to gain admission. Typically, if you can get into Berkeley, you can pretty much guarantee admission to all the other UCs (except for LA which seemed to be pretty arbitrary with its decisions this year).</p>