Does it look bad if I apply to more than one UC?

<p>I really want to get into UCLA, but I am applying to 4 others just to be safe. Does this look bad? Would it be better to just apply to UCLA to prove how much I want to go?</p>

<p>Basically my question is, does each school see how many other schools you’ve applied to?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>It doesn't matter. Speaking for in-state residents, I think it'd be stupid to limit yourself to one UC, because the UC's are all great schools and with the advantage that in-state students get it'd be just plain dumb not to make full use of it.</p>

<p>I've never heard of applying to only one UC unless you're OOS. But even if you're OOS, the other UC's are worth looking into.</p>

<p>Where on earth did you get that idea? </p>

<p>Applying to more than one UC is the SMART thing to do. You never know if the school you so desperately want to get into might reject you, and then what? You need a backup. </p>

<p>And to be honest, even if UCLA sees the other schools you apply to, I extremely doubt it cares. There are plenty of people that "really want to go," but it wont improve your chances one bit. The schools dont communicate with each other about applicants either, so I really wouldn't worry about this at all.</p>