Does it mean anything in particular if you don't get your decision today?

I applied ED Gen Eng and was deferred. I was hoping that I would hear back today, but I didn’t.

Does it mean anything in particular if you don’t get your decision today?
Does it mean that they haven’t received/processed my semester grades?
I heard they only released first major choice decisions today, so is there a possibility that I was denied from engineering, but will hear back in March about my second major (university studies)?

Any feedback/links to the answers would be greatly appreciated!

I was wondering the same thing!

Would you mind sharing your stats, both of you? Just wondering

From Fairfax, Va
wGPA~3.60
Freshman wgpa- 3.0(illness/death of father impacted me, wrote about it in personal statement)
Sophomore wgpa-3.75
Junior wgpa- 4.1
Senior wgpa-4.0(at semester)

33 composite ACT
35 reading, 34 math, 33 science, 31 english

2020 superscore SAT (800 math, 590 cr, 630 writing)
1940 single test SAT (1390/1600) - 800 math, 590 cr, 550 writing

APs: world history (4), US history (3), Psychology (5), AB calc (5), BC calc (senior year), Physics C (senior year), Statistics (senior year)

EC: Science honor society, math team, A/C/E (engineering/architecture club), member of ultimate frisbee team

I didn’t get my admissions decision yet, but here is what I found on the VT site…

We wanted to share some information regarding when you might be notified of your admission decision.

The published notification date at Virginia Tech for regular decision freshman admission is April 1. For the past five years, Virginia Tech has made every effort to release admission decisions in two rounds: one in February and one in March.

This year the February round will include those students whose applications were evaluated by the admissions committee prior to this date.

If you don’t learn your admission decision in February, please know that most of our admissions decisions will be released on March 20, 2015, and your application is still under review by the admissions committee. Thousands of students will still receive offers of admission when decisions are released in March.

I think it means that they have not gotten to your application yet, I know I did not apply until mid December and they have a lot of applicants. I doubt that it means you didn’t get your first major. Good Luck and here is the link to the site as well…http://www.admiss.vt.edu/admission-decision-notification-2015/

@jheller sorry to hear about your father. My condolences. As for your stats, they’re great. My D got in with a 3.5 GPA and 30 ACT for the school of Engineering. You’ll hear in March 20th at the latest. Your extra-curriculars are great, so VT is sure to accept you. Don’t lose hope!! :smile:

I am in the same situation! I can’t help but feel super nervous… I also had lower grades freshman year because of a death in the family, I am sorry for your loss! Hope things are going okay for you… I am losing my mind since decisions are coming out Friday! However, I didn’t apply ED… now that it has been a year, do you have any changed feelings toward the receiving a decision at a later date rather than the earlier one? Thanks in advance for any responses :slight_smile: