Does not getting into UCSD mean that I won't have a chance at UCLA and UCB?

<p>I found out that I was rejected from UCSD and accepted to UCSB today. Does a rejection from UCSD make a good forecast that I wouldn’t get into UCLA or UCB? Know anyone who was rejected from another UC but accepted into UCLA or UCB?</p>

<p>I think it would be quite possible if you applied for one of SD's highly competitive bio majors.</p>

<p>Well... I think it kind of does but then again UCs are so weird with their acceptances
for example a friend of mine was rejected from UCI and accepted to UCSD.</p>

<p>All you can really do is wait for those letters. </p>

<p>Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>Thank you! I applied to UCSD, UCB, and UCLA under Political Science major. I don't really know how competitive this major is though...</p>

<p>Applied to UCSC, SB, and B. Accepted SC, rejected from SB, waiting on B. Stupid self grade reporting. They consider a B+ equal to a B and C+ = C etc. Our grading scale is 80-83 = C+, 90-93 = B+. Not to mention they don't look at transcripts til after. Dumb. Anyways, waiting on my rejection from Berkeley but who knows.</p>

<p>Holistic admissions ensures you get a fair hearing.</p>

<p>Wow jacksonwalters that's a tough grading system u have there... what high school do u go to?</p>

<p>hmom5, i think UCSD accepts you to the college first, then determines your major. People who don't qualify for an impacted major, i think, are given undeclared majors.</p>

<p>I was rejected from UCSD but I got accepted into UCLA. Crazy, I know. :P It sucks so hard, too, since UCSD is the school I wanted to go to... )X So did you get in? I want to know if I'm the only one who is a UCSD reject but still got into UCLA...</p>

<p>@ OP & starskimmer: Two kids in my school were actually rejected from UCSD and later accepted by UCLA :)</p>