Does Previous Residence in CA boost UC Chances?

<p>I am currently living in New York, but I attended a Californian high school during my freshmen year (9th grade). </p>

<p>I might apply to a few UC schools in my senior year, and i was just wondering if this boosts my chances as an OOS. Should i mention that in my application? How would it work?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance ^^"</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure that doesn’t even matter. The UCs won’t care.</p>

<p>I don’t believe that it will serve as a benefactor. I think that in order to possess the benefits of living within the state, one has to attend a California high school for two years.</p>

<p>i also attended middle school in CA, but…</p>

<p>your post makes complete sense, and i was thinking the same thing; just thought i would ask just in case it might be an advantage when i apply</p>

<p>Actually, I think that one needs to attend high school in California for three years. I suggest that you call some of the schools for further clarification, but I don’t think that your circumstance will serve as too much of a benefactor.</p>

<p>I know there is some sort of consideration if you attended a California high school for three years, and graduated, but you would need to fill out a form.</p>

<p>CA residency classification is based on your current state of residency (your parents’ state of residency if you are a minor). Past residence in CA does not play a role in the admissions process.</p>

<p>The three-year CA HS rule applies to AB 540 (undocumented) students only and does not work for students who are US citizens, US permanent residents, or those here on a valid visa.</p>