Does Purdue take more than three weeks to process HS transcript?

<p>I emailed Purdue admissions yesterday to ask a follow-up question about my still missing transcript, but they haven't responded.</p>

<p>In the meantime, I'm in at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (admitted within three weeks of applying - Yay!) and Ohio State (admitted today - the first day of admissions results).</p>

<p>^ Congrats! That's awesome!!</p>

<p>it seems that a LOT more people than i thought are in the same position as i am, so that makes me feel better. plus, i just got my gppa acceptance letter from pittsburgh today! purdue was a backup anyways, so i was initially excited for the dec 5th date, but it seems very likely that i will not receive a decision by then if my transcript hasn't even been processed by this week.</p>

<p>i realize that purdue is a fairly large school, but it is a bit ridiculous that they are so backed up in their applications. was it like this last year? plus there are so many other HUGE state schools that have readily processed applications with ease. i don't know. just kind of weird.</p>

<p>hakuna_matata said:
[quote]
^ Congrats! That's awesome!!

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Thanks! I used to think I wanted to go to Purdue, but they've been dragging this out so long now and they can't seem to process the same amount of applications that the other big state schools are getting within a reasonable amount of time, so I'm starting to think that going to a school that can't seem to handle the usual workload a large state school encounters in application season isn't such a good idea.</p>

<p>After all this with Purdue, I'm much more excited about going to Wisconsin! It's a great school! They've sent me info on their Honors program, too!</p>

<p>
[quote]
i realize that purdue is a fairly large school, but it is a bit ridiculous that they are so backed up in their applications. was it like this last year? plus there are so many other HUGE state schools that have readily processed applications with ease. i don't know. just kind of weird.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>No, it wasn't like this last year. Contacting the admissions office is kind of pointless. They won't even look to see if they have my transcript, and now they're not responding to my email - unlike what suziechapstik said above. Seeing how all over the place Purdue admissions has been with different people in this thread has been odd. What is going on over there? Who knows, but it doesn't make Purdue look very good.</p>

<p>To be fair to Purdue admission staff, I did have a very pleasant experience. True someone lost my transcripts there. (It could have been the mail department). But when I called the admissions department, they asked me to fax it. They called me back to let me know the fax has been received. And a few minutes later it showed up on my status. I will see if I get decision on 5th tho'.</p>

<p>^ I'll try giving them a call tomorrow. See if it changes my mind. They weren't picking up when I called 2 weeks ago (I tried 3x on different days).</p>

<p>It makes no sense that some of us can't get anywhere with Purdue admissions. Febpita seems to have had a good experience. Naga's and grovestreet's transcripts were processed shortly after they were received, but most other people's haven't been. And hakuna<em>matata and I are having bad experiences with Purdue admissions. They won't check to see if they have my transcript - it was sent about 7 weeks ago - and now they won't respond to my email. And hakuna</em>matata has found that they don't answer their phones. Sounds very hit or miss over there - they're leaving a lot of people hanging. Purdue does not seem to be somewhere I would feel comfortable spending over $100,000 (out of state) on an undergrad education. They can't get their act together. I can't even be sure I'll be considered for any scholarships because even though all of my app items were sent several weeks before the Nov. 15th deadline, Purdue can't even tell me if they have my transcript and I can't confirm with anyone whether I should have it resent without it being considered "late" and if that would even further delay the processing of my application. </p>

<p>Purdue's website says:

[quote]
"Incomplete Items Outstanding</p>

<p>Check the “Requirements” section at the bottom of the Application Summary page to see which required items we may have received and which are still outstanding. If the “Received” date is blank for any item, we have not yet received or processed the item. </p>

<p>During the peak application processing season (typically from September through December), items may not be recorded for several days - possibly up to three weeks, after we have received them."

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Purdue</a> University - Check Application Status</p>

<p>It's been way longer than three weeks for me. </p>

<p>Sorry, I know I'm venting - I'm very frustrated with the HUGE inconsistencies different applicants are experiencing at Purdue admissions this year.</p>

<p>Patience. The admissions department is currently working on applications completed during the first week of October.</p>

<p>Well, then they must be completely stalled because they've been saying that exact same thing since at least the middle of November. Plus, other people in this thread have been reporting otherwise like Naga and grovestreet. They sent their transcripts in November and they were processed. Mine was sent in October and STILL has NOT been processed.</p>

<p>My D's transcript was sent out in early November (maybe the first week or so) and still has not been processed.</p>

<p>yeah i think they mean the english section or maybe the english/writing combined score. </p>

<p>and chartreuse...how did you get your wisconsin decision already? congrats</p>

<p>^ Thanks! Wisconsin has what could be called a modified rolling admissions process. What I've been told is that Wisconsin admits students with the strongest qualifications right away. Others are either postponed for later consideration or denied admission. This link explains what a postponed decision means:
<a href="http://admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_Postponed_Applicant_FAQ.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_Postponed_Applicant_FAQ.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>