Does TAMU superscore sat's?

I’ve heard lots of different things. If they don’t superscore, why do they require that all scores be sent? Do they also superscore for academic admits?

They do not superscore. They look at one test and one test only.

@marsbars976

I responded to your post last night (from my phone) that when I went to post it, your post had disappeared.

@TexasStudent2018 is correct regarding superscoring.

This may address your other questions in the other post.

Your GPA isn’t used except in the instances where a high school does not rank. A&M will use the GPA with the grading profile of the school and assign a rank in quartiles to an applicant.

The part about being accepted but maybe not be to major relays to competitive majors that fill up fast or undergo a holistic admittance process. All majors, other than Engineering, the applicant is placed into the major upon admittance to the university, unless that major is full (each major has a designated number of seats).

So, an auto/academic admit who applied to engineering will get into A&M, but may or may not get into engineering. Mays tends to fill up by mid-late December with auto/academic admits (they save a few spots for highly qualified review admits). An auto/academic admit could miss out on getting into Mays if all of the spots were taken by the time they apply. Happened to a friend of mine’s son.

While some review applicants (take engineering majors out of the equation, as they are on a different timeline), receive a decision before the winter break, the majority will receive a decision after they return from break. The university is busy placing all of the auto/academic admits into a major. This year, the deadline has been extended to January 2 for all applicants due to Hurricane Harvey. A&M has said this should not affect the release of decisions. In the past three cycles, decisions began coming out for some review (though the majority of review admits have received their admissions decision the third Friday in February-March). This time frame was for full admissions to A&M, Blinn Team, Gateway and all Engineering Academies and PSA and rejection of any offer.

That said, no PSA or rejection to A&M came out before the mass release on that third Friday and not every applicant received a decision on that day. There were still some decisions that came out afterwards.

It makes the waiting harder. Just be resigned that a decision will come in February and it it pops up before then, then Surprise! Enjoy your senior year and all that it has to offer right now. While it is fun being out of high school and in college, there are a lot of things you will miss (just like every new stage in life) so make the most of it and enjoy it to its fullest.

Best of luck to you