Does the UC server really crash?

<p>Everyone’s telling me the UC server crashes by November 27+ and that you can’t really get in after that. Is this true or are people just trying to scare me or w/e?</p>

<p>Well, you CAN get onto it afterwards and traditionally the deadline is extended (to my knowledge)... but really, don't even risk it. The server does go down.</p>

<p>Submit by the 26th at the very latest.</p>

<p>Is there any proof to the assertion that the server goes down or is this just anecdotal evidence?</p>

<p>It crashed last year and the app deadline was extended. I don't have "proof" but I have a very clear recollection of it. I believe the deadline was extended to 12/2 or somewhere thereabouts.</p>

<p>I think the UC PATHWAYS server indeed crashed last Fall. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>ahh.</p>

<p>i aim to send it in by the end of this week!</p>

<p>I'm submitting on the 28th</p>

<p>i certainly hope not</p>

<p>I sent it in but only because my parents insisted that I apply to UCD and UCI and UCSD. There are like 6 different schools I can think of off the top of my head that I'd prefer to go to over those schools.</p>

<p>i dont know i really wnated to wait for the 28th so that i could know my new sat score and all and whether i should put it on the app or not, but im kinda scared to wait that long. in case the server crashes. i hope to send in the application by sunday.</p>

<p>The UC server has crased in the past and in every instance they have extended the deadline. While it would be better to complete your application earlier, it won't be fatal if there is another crash.</p>

<p>I think it just crashed.</p>

<p><a href="https://admissions.ucop.edu/pathwaysF2008/Pathways%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://admissions.ucop.edu/pathwaysF2008/Pathways&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>is it crashing because all the procrastinators were applying at literally the last minute? lol.</p>

<p>i wish we could find a statistic that breaks down the final 5 hours of the times students turn their apps in lol</p>

<p>i'm here in LA and the system seems to have crash at 8:05..pacific time...this is crazy</p>

<p>I feel so stupid for waiting until the last minute to submit my application... </p>

<p>now it crashed!! I knew todays rain was a bad omen! Hopefully they do give us an extension</p>

<p>i just tried a few times and it worked...try using firefox seems to have worked with me...and i've submitted it a few min. ago</p>

<p>same here. that was a big relief.</p>

<p>Seems to work fine. I intentionally waited until the last minute just because I can.</p>

<p>Is it down again?! ARGH NOT NOW!!!</p>