Does the UC server really crash?

<p>yeah, i think it's just crashed. Traffic is being redirected to <a href="http://www.ucop.edu/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.ucop.edu/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>all I need to do is paste my personal statemets...</p>

<p>By the way, what is the preferred way to style the Personal Statements?</p>

<p>Block form paragraphs with spaces after each one? Or Indented Paragraphs with no spaces? or a mixture of both?</p>

<p>I believe block form paragrapghs with one free line in between, because it is easiest to read but MY NO MEANS take my word for it. That is simply want my coucilor told me and we know that they are not perfect.</p>

<p>Thanks for the response. I believe it is back up now.. I wonder if I should double space...</p>

<p>i applied for the 2010 term, it was crashing a lot probably because many people do everything at the las minute. I started the application on november 1 and submited today the 29th it was hard after 9 mountain time but i got through i just had to pay thats all but i finished it before.
i would reccomend to send any appliocation a week early, this was a learning expirence.</p>

<p>My son tried to get on around 8pm but could not. It took awhile but he managed to get on and submitted his application at 11:55pm PST.</p>

<p>Wow this server is so stupid man!!! Anyone have info on any sort of extension?? Its been slow all night!!</p>

<p>is it not working again?></p>

<p>Two years ago when my son was applying the server was down from around 10-11PM, then opened up long enough for him to submit at 11:10PM. Keep trying!</p>

<p>Aye Carumba! I have been applying for the past 2 nearly 3 hours. God help me.</p>

<p>I’ve been trying to get on for the last five hours probably. I’m freaking out so bad! All I need to do it pay too ughhhh</p>

<p>Is there any back door, or do I just keep knockin’ at the front? Is is helpful or harmful to have several friends try to sign on to my app more or less simeltaneously?</p>

<p>I don’t think the sever has “crashed” technically (I’m not sure what “crashed” means), but I’ve certainly been shut out several times in the past two hours as I was on the verge of accessing the personal statement page. My fear is that there will be no extension because there was no official, universal “crash”, and yet I still won’t have been able to submit by midnight. Is there any word on the extension policy?</p>

<p>Lastly, I have minor things to fix on the transcript, like adding one course I plan to take next semester, or taking the “Honors” qualification off a class from this semester on which I mistakenly placed it. Should I even trip about that stuff at this point, or just get my statements in and submit?</p>

<p>Is anything else getting this strange message when trying to login or submit? I am freaking out right now…</p>

<p>This service is unavailable from 10:00 P.M PST Saturday,September 19th until 12:00 Noon PST Sunday, September 20th</p>

<p>Please try again.</p>

<p>If you see this page when you return, check to make sure the service is still unavailable by refreshing the page.</p>

<p>@doublestuff I have gotten that message! But only a couple times. I’m so confused by it, seeing as it’s November…</p>

<p>I got that message too…but now it won’t even load anything!</p>

<p>Try to check now guys It might work</p>

<p>to doublestuff, yeah same thing i got that message… ive been at this for about eight hours now… and I still have to fill some stuff out and upload/copy and paste my personal statements!!! i hope this works out, because i’m applying to 3 UC schools… so this is kind of important, and yes, i probably shouldnt have left this to the las minute but i didnt think this would happen… =/</p>

<p>Has anyone tried calling technical support?</p>

<p>Just submitted mine. took 2.5 hours. Just keep trying, they will probably provide an extension. Don’t rely on that though.</p>

<p>I think its officially “crashed” doesn’t even bother to load anymore.</p>