Does this make sense?

<p>Wistin, my son's stats were okay, no standout, that's for sure, but he applied to the College of Science (Bio). OOS, 1270/1600, 1850/2400, 3.2 UW, 5 AP classes, and so on. Only one C - in Spanish. His brother is a current soph at VT, but don't think the legacy counted for much at all! </p>

<p>Fortunately he only applied to schools he liked, so his "back-up" school is going to be okay. He did want to stay on the waitlist though! As parents, we were probably more crushed, and his brother is just totally bummed out (they are great friends, what are the chances of that with siblings?!).</p>

<p>Daughter---PA resident---received acceptance notice 3/20.
Excellent grades, rank and EC's; run-of-mill SAT & ACT scores.
Don't know if being OOS was a plus, but she was moderately surprised...very happy, but surprised.</p>

<p>thanks...</p>

<p>wana clarify "run of mill" sat scores?</p>

<p>not being coy, but I don't remember precise numbers...best recollection is @1850-1900 for the 3 components of SAT 1. ACT was sub-30.</p>

<p>Reality is that none of this matters in the sense that each application has to stand on its own. Many times the distinctions among applications are baffling.</p>

<p>wow, my stats are lower and I got in. However I had loads of ECs, including 2 varsity sports etc. I also chose an undeclared major, so that must have had something to do with it. I hope you get in.</p>

<p>still waiting to hear back .. i know its not even may 1 yet but :-/</p>