Does this mean he is in???

<p>Just read this on the VA Tech Honors Web Site:</p>

<p>"During the University Application process you will be asked if you want to apply to Honors. All students applying to Virginia Tech are given the opportunity to apply to University Honors.</p>

<p>The application for University Honors is online and access will be sent to each candidate via email if they have expressed an interest in applying when they applied to Virginia Tech. Entering freshmen are invited to apply to University Honors if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.80 (as reported on their high school transcript) and a minimum SAT score of 1350 (critical reading and mathematics) or a minimum ACT composite score of 30. Students that do not meet these criteria but feel an exception should be made are able to apply. It is expected that the other components of the application (Extracurriclar, Honors, Awards, Publications, etc.) will off-set the lower quantitative scores. "</p>

<p>So it is possible that the link was made available to everyone who checked off the box that said they were interested in University Honors, and not to those that didn’t check it off. Still, if that was the case, why not wait two more days until decisions were publicized and only give the invitation to those who were accepted? Who knows…</p>

<p>Similar to the the email from today… about a week after my son submitted his application for ED to Tech he received a big thick envelope in the mail from them. It contained lots of information on the university and a letter encouraging him to apply. I think these packets and emails are just sent to a big list, and they don’t bother checking who has already applied and who hasn’t.</p>

<p>

Again, I would chalk this up to the possibility of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. What the Honors College may ‘toggle’ on or off, or make visible on certain accounts may be done from a completely different department then admissions. They may not realize that the change that they made is in an area of the portal that is visible. </p>

<p>Two years ago when my S2 was applying there was a school that accidentally had a link to pay your admission deposit for the students that had been accepted a couple of hours prior to admission decisions being viewable…whoops. Clearly the person who toggled that part of the website on didn’t realize it was going to be viewable. There are so many parts working in different departments and often these glitches aren’t caught. I would assume sometimes this close to decisions they are and are simply left as is.</p>

<p>DS visited VT and intends to apply and told them so but did not want to commit ED so has not yet applied. He received one of those “& Reasons…” emails today.</p>