Level: Undergraduate
Program: Engineering First Year
Catalog Term: Fall 2011
College: First Year Engineering
Campus: West Lafayette
Major: First Year Engineering
Area of Interest: Undecided within Engr
Date Created: Nov 21, 2010</p>

<p>Does this mean I'm denied from Purdue or I'm put on the wait list?
What should I do?</p>

<p>[Purdue</a> University - Check Application Status](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/apply_now/Application_Status.html]Purdue”>http://admissions.purdue.edu/apply_now/Application_Status.html)</p>

<p>Admission Decision Definitions</p>

<p>Admission Decision Definitions
The descriptions below provide a brief definition of what each admission decision means. Greater detail will be provided in the applicant’s decision letter, which will be mailed within two business days of the date a decision is made.</p>

<p>Admit Decisions</p>

<p>Offer Admission: Applicant admitted
Offer Admission – Alt Choice: Applicant admitted to alternate program of study
Offer Conditional Admit – Trf: Transfer applicant offered admission on the condition that course and grade requirements are met</p>

<p>Deny Decisions</p>

<p>Denied Admission: Applicant denied.
Denied/Academic Expectations: Applicant denied. Does not meet the academic expectations for the requested program of study.
Denied/Offer Multiple Options: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail other offers for admission to Purdue West Lafayette or waitlist.
Denied/Offer Other West Lafayette: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail offer of admission to alternative program of study at Purdue West Lafayette.
Denied/Offer Waitlist – Applicant denied. Offered waitlist.
Denied/Program Closed: Applicant denied. Program of study is closed to admission.
Denied/Program Competitiveness: Applicant denied. Pool of applications is highly competitive.
Denied WL/Offer Regional Campus: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail offer for admission to other Purdue campuses and locations.</p>

<p>Other Decisions</p>

<p>Applicant Acceptance: Applicant has accepted offer of admission.
Admitted/Reinstated: Applicant’s cancelled admission has been reinstated.
Pending/Additional Information: The Admissions Committee has requested that the applicant provide additional academic information before a final decision can be made. The requested material is listed in the “requirements” section of the applicant’s online status summary and in the admission decision letter.
Revoked Admission: Admission offer rescinded.</p>

<p>Your decision was “Denied Program/Offer Other WL” which means you didn’t get into the FYE program but you were offered a spot in another major/program like Undergraduate Studies Program. If Purdue is your first choice then contact Admissions and ask for a spot in the Undergraduate Studies Program. Meet with your USP advisor in June/July during Day on Campus or whatever they call it now and tell him/her that you want to go into Engineering. They will then advise you on what classes you should take. You pretty much will be taking all the classes that Engineers take but you wouldn’t be in the program until you CODO in.</p>

<p>So, do I need to contact the Admission office to choose another Major ?</p>

<p>This happened to someone I know. They went to Purdue but couldn’t declare Engineering until the end of freshman year, after doing OK in his classes. He just graduated in aeronautical engineering last May. Just call them and get the scoop on what’s going on. Good luck!</p>

<p>So, do I have higher possibility to get in to Purdue University if I change my major?</p>

<p>Yes. Just call the Office of Admissions or wait for the letter you will receive and see what it says.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot, jimgotkp!
Just one more question, do they provide a list of major that I can choose ?
Or do I have to discuss with admission counselor about my major ?</p>

<p>Not really sure about that… It’s probably mentioned in the letter. I wouldn’t be surprised if they recommend you going to the USP program though.</p>

<p>Because I am out-of-state student, so I am planning to call them on Monday.</p>

<p>Is USP an Undergraduate Studies Program (Undecided)?</p>

<p>Yes. It’s nothing to be ashamed of to be honest.</p>

<p>Thanks Jimgotkp :))</p>

<p>So, if I choose USP, then Purdue West Lafayette will probably give me an admission, right?</p>

<p>Not necessarily. I was in USP my freshman year and there are only a limited number of spaces. It is really for people who are very unsure about their major and who put it as their first choice major on their application. Purdue doesn’t really have a general studies but USP definitely is not that. I’m not saying they won’t offer it as an alternative major, just don’t count on it being THE option to get into Purdue. You could always do Undecided within an certain college- like liberal arts or science.</p>

<p>iirc usp was filled up last year for fall semester. those who were rejected from engineering/pre-pharm had to waitlist or defer to spring semester</p>

<p>dude im scared now, i am applying to the same program and I will get an answer anyday…How long did it take for them to give an answer once all your documents arrived???</p>

<p>thanks dixie…</p>

<p>My goal is to graduate Purdue University as a engineering student.
However, I got denied from engineering department, so do you have any advise to choose alternate major?</p>

<p>Same happened to me! </p>

<p>What do I do? </p>

<p>Well, I know I have to call, which I’m definately doing tomorrow, but is it easy to go about fixing this?</p>

<p>Easy to fix? The only problem is you weren’t good enough to get in. Do better this year and appeal the decision and maybe you’ll get in.</p>

<p>No, I am still in. I just need another program of study right now. I did no get straight out denied. The program I applied for fills very fast and I was a bit too late.</p>

<p>You don’t have to go into USP or FYE to get a degree in Engineering. You can choose any college/program but it’s recommended you apply to USP since they have advisors that know the CODO process very well. Just mention to your advisor that you plan on CODOing into Engineering and look up the classes you need to get into Engineering after freshman year.</p>