Does UCLA and UCI's Nursing program give priority to students with high GPA & SAT Scores??

??

UCLA and UCI look at all aspects of your application including GPA and test scores which happen to very important.

Looking at the UCI Nursing school admit stats, you can see that the average GPA and test scores are higher for Nursing students than the overall campus. (Average campus GPA was 4.125 Average SAT score was 1345).

Fall 2017 freshman applicants: 2,540

Fall 2017 freshman admissions: 88 (3.5% admitted)

Average UC GPA: 4.25 GPA

Average total SAT score: 2040

Average total SAT score (new version): 1354

I cannot find specific information for UCLA Nursing stats but you can be sure they similar if not higher.

UCLA doesn’t really like to release their stats for nursing, but at an info session I recall them mentioning that the average UC GPA was a 4.2, average ACT was a 26, and the average SAT was a 1750.

The above data must be old considering UCLA is at least as selective as UCI and UCI’s test scores are markedly higher ??? The test scores quoted are not even near the 25th percentile posted from the overall Freshman class of 2017. ACT 25th percentile was 30 and New SAT of 1280
@mgeronimo, you should check last year’s UCLA acceptance threads and see if you can find some stats on Nursing students if you are willing to dig.

@Gumbymom These were the stats for the class of 2021. One of the directors of recruitment stated this at an information session in November. I just want to add that admission to this program is NOT all about grades and your test scores it is very holistic. While good grades and strong test scores are a plus, it is not the end all be all. They really considered why you want to be a nurse and they want you to show them that in your application. I am a current UCLA student in the nursing program and I can 100% vouch for this. Just take a look at my stats they were not the greatest at all but I think what really pushed me aside was my strong passion for nursing.

What nursing programs did you get into? @biobabe101

@mgeronimo biobabe101 spoke of acceptance decisions in post #32 of
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/1968104-direct-nursing-admit-journey-for-a-california-a-b-student-p3.html