Does Virginia Tech look at first quarter grades of your senior year for EARLY DECISION?

I am planning on applying for Virginia Tech this fall, and am very concerned about my GPA. I have an above average SAT score, and am looking good with extra curricular, sports, etc. However, my GPA is what is holding me back. I had straight A’s freshman year, and one B sophomore year. However, Junior year was my worst with a few bad grades. This was not only because I took many AP classes, but also because a couple of my teachers were extremely hard and were bad at teaching, not even finishing the curriculum before the school year ended.

So straight to the point, my senior year grades are probably going to be amazing, boosting my GPA. However, 1st quarter ends October 30th, and Tech early decision applications are due November 1st. Would/can my 1st quarter grades be submitted for the early decision application?

if you had a bad junior year they are probably going to want to see your semester grades anyways. don’t be surprised if you get deferred.

I have asked my counselor and they have said that although the first quarter grades may not appear on the transcript, she will be able to state them on the counselor sheet that they have to submit.