Does writing about being disadvantaged in the additional comments box not a good idea

<p>I have a pretty severe disadvantage that does not include learning disabilities that I would rather not go into detail, but does it hurt you in the UC application process? Why would the UC’s want a student who is disadvantaged? I am asking this because I left the additional comments box blank, when I really wanted to talk about my disadvantage, but I thought the UC’s would look at my app differently. I still can submit them to in writing for the additional comments box, what do you guys think about putting non-learning disabilities?</p>

<p>bump anyone please?</p>

<p>I really need some help/advice. I dont mind sending a PM explaining what I would write to the UC.</p>

<p>I was hesitant about writing about my circumstances but I did- because it affected my academic performance. I do not think I sounded whiny, I hope not .</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>If you have a congenital/physical disability, then it would be fine putting it in. However, certain disorders should not be mentioned, such as ADHD or depression.</p>

<p>Why should ADHD or depression not be mentioned BuBBLES FoR SALE?</p>

<p>And I think you should put anything in your application that is important to you Kobe11.</p>

<p>If you do not have a learning disability, then I am not sure why you would need to leave it out. I would go ahead and include it (although this is based on the fact that you have not disclosed what said disability is).</p>

<p>Anyway, I disagree with BuBBLES FoR SALE. I think it’s perfectly fine to include ADHD or depression in your essay if it’s something you wanted to talk about. The university doesn’t have to see that as a negative. They know plenty of people may have disorders such as those and just won’t mention them. If anything you’re being honest and critically describing your life and how you manage. It’s just showing them who you are.</p>

<p>I recall reading somewhere that if you have a medical condition or health issue, the UCs will not hold it against you. It might have been my counselor telling me this, I don’t remember.</p>