Don't Judge a Man by his "A" Hat

<p>Posted an ad on Chicago Craigslist this morning to give away an older appliance. Had about 10 responses fairly quickly. Chose one (decent spelling, said “please”). Guy comes, pulls up in his truck and gets out. He’s wearing a Bama cap - be still my heart!! I pat myself on the back for really choosing the right person.</p>

<p>I ask him if he’s a Bama fan. He says “Somewhat. My daughter’s name is Ashley and I wear the A hat for her.”</p>

<p>Just goes to show that things in life are never as they seem.</p>

<p>Roll Tide anyway, Rod in the black Chevy.</p>

<p>How sweet that he wears a hat in honor of his D. :)</p>

<p>Good thing his daughter wasn’t Linda Sue Ursula.</p>

<p>^^^^ hahhahaahaaa</p>

<p>LOL, Chardo! That was a really good one.</p>

<p>LOL Chardo!</p>

<p>SO funny, Chardo! Worth repeating!</p>

<p>I keep embarrassing myself by saying Roll Tide to women wearing houndstooth. Especially when it’s tourists visiting my city who have never heard of Bama. Excuse me, you’ve never heard of Bear Bryant or Joe Namath? But I do quickly backtrack by complementing their sense of style on wearing houndstooth and if they’re willing to listen, tell them the tale of the great Bear Bryant and Broadway Joe.</p>

<p>No what’s worse is when you say Roll Tide to someone in an Alabama shirt/hoodie and they look at you like you have 4 heads or are speaking a different language. That happens to me 9/10 times.</p>

<p>^ Apparently there are a lot more parents of Ashleys out there…</p>

<p>The people I’m referring to are typically high school students. But there are also probably parents that would do the same thing.</p>

<p>Well, tonight as we were crossing the steet in front of the American Airlines Center in Dallas to go to the Stars game… I gave a Roll Tide to a dog crossing the steet with his humans :slight_smile:
Dog was sporting a Alabama bandana :)</p>

<p>^^^LOL. Wore a houndstooth skirt to a bridal shower and not one roll tide, darn. S wore his Alabama hat at a gathering at spring break and an alumni started talking to him which MIGHT lead to a summer internship. Fingers crossed and roll tide!</p>

<p>^^ Love the rare mention of a hockey game on the Bama board.</p>

<p>Chardo, I’m a long time Dallas Stars sth. LOVE ice hockey. My 2 favorite sports are college football and ice hockey. Yep, native Dallasite and deep Southern roots. Love me some hockey :slight_smile:
Every now and then we see someone at the Stars games sporting something Bama :)</p>

<p>Well, Tx, hope your Stars can climb over the line and get back to the playoffs. It’s getting fun here in Islanders country. I have worn a Bama hat to Islanders games before, when it was too embarrassing to wear Isles colors.</p>

<p>To that, I can only say GO BLUES!!! (and no, not Go Blue - big difference).</p>

<p>Chardo: Are you the proud owner of one of these jerseys?</p>

<p>[File:New</a> York Islanders logo (1995?97).svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia](<a href=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:New_York_Islanders_logo_(1995–97).svg]File:New”>File:New York Islanders logo (1995–97).svg - Wikipedia)</p>

<p>But, a hearty Goal Tide Goal is always in order too.</p>

<p>Hockey runs deep in our family, and our S has played since he was 4.</p>

<p>I don’t think there are any “proud” owners of the fisherman jersey. I don’t have one, thankfully. There’s a signed one hanging in my partner’s office next door. His son worked for the team back then. I can’t look at the thing.</p>

<p>Goal Tide. I like that.</p>

<p>Hahaha!!!</p>

<p>“We Want Fishsticks!!!” There were some strange experiments going on back then. Even the Blues managed to temporarily ruin an otherwise iconic look around that same time as well.</p>

<p>Yeah, Bama’s hockey team had a pretty good run this year. I listened to quite a few of their games.</p>

<p>Think that is about the same time frame the Stars had a new logo that was nicknamed the “Moouterus”. It was horrid! Showed some dude on the jumbotron last night wearing one. Looked like a steer that was seeing stars.</p>