Don't know what to do!

<p>Okay so I had my mind set on Alabama from the start and I just came back from a visit. The campus itself is the most beautiful one I have ever seen. The dorms were incredible and so were the buildings but the surrounding areas seemed a little bland. The only other school I was considering was Ohio state. The decision deadline is coming up fast and I am getting a little stressed. I heard Ohio state has a better business program and I was admitted directly into it and I feel like it has more things to do off campus (I have not visited just an assumption) I love everything about Alabama but just can’t shake the feeling that Columbus is a more editing place and that If I graduate from fisher I will have a better chance finding a job. Someone talk me out of my doubts please!!</p>

<p>I will say that this is a stressful time, especially for those students still trying to make decisions. My son decided last night so I am familiar with how stressful it is as April approaches. My advice would be to take a very deep breath and try to visualize what you saw and experienced while in Tuscaloosa. I have lived in Dayton and have visited OSU and have also spent a good bit of time in Tuscaloosa. The campuses have a lot in common actually–both rich in tradition. Both business schools have excellent reputations, so with either choice you will do well. Take time to revisit how you felt on the Alabama campus. If you felt good, go with UA. If you felt a hesitancy, or feelings that something wasn’t right, investigate OSU further. I will close by adding that Tuscaloosa has a lot to offer and is not a boring place. Few campuses of this size are!</p>

<p>Dustin - </p>

<p>Do not make any decisions from assumptions. Or what you think other may think of your decision.</p>

<p>Can you visit Ohio before you decide?</p>

<p>What are the difference in costs?</p>

<p>Yes, we are all struggling with these impending decisions.</p>

<p>SpaceCoast good input, can you give us some more input on Tuscaloosa ? you mentioned there is lots to do there. thanks !</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa offers all the cultural benefits of a “large college” town–excellent concerts, theatre, speakers, etc programmed by the University. Downtown Tuscaloosa has several really great restaurants typically found in much larger cities. The River area near the University that has been developed for recreational activities is beautiful. I think it is safe to say all NCAA sports events are among the best in the country. Northport, Alabama (just over the river from Downtown Tuscaloosa) has become a destination for annual cultural events and has been featured in Southern Living magazine, for example.</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa also has excellent health care in DCH and the proximity to Birmingham for health, entertainment, airport, and cultural events is also a plus.</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa is not a major metropolitan city though. That being said, you avoid the downsides of that with less traffic and crime.</p>

<p>dustinG…my D is a freshman at UA and we are from Chicago. My D is a very urban kid who thinks nothing of going into the City for the day when she is home. That being said, she loves T-Town. She has NEVER complained about not finding anything to do or about the area around campus. She especially loves Northport for its artsy influance and cute places to eat. She has gone to concerts at the new concert venue downtown and has never regretted her choice of UA. Not to mention the attention that UA gives students. D has had so many opportunities that we know she would not have had at the other colleges she was considering. </p>

<p>I agree w/ Spacecoast mom that T-town is not a major metro city, but boy it sure does have more than enough to keep you occupied.</p>

<p>It’s a tough decision and I wish you the best of luck. You will end up where you are meant to be.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>OK, but only because you asked. :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Source: [Columbus</a>, OH City Reviews](<a href=“http://www.areavibes.com/columbus-oh/reviews/]Columbus”>Living In Columbus, OH)</p>

<p>Lol…wow…otherwise it’s a nice place.</p>