dorm community question

<p>I've heard that Mosher is mainly an Engineering dorm, & was wondering if there was a dorm that was mainly Communication majors? If not, which building would be best (in terms of distance, etc.) for those classes, but also the social part of A&M? Thanks!</p>

<p>When I visit, I like all the dorms in the commons! Btw, are you applying as a spring transfer for communication? And you are correct, mosher is the engineering dorm.</p>

<p>The commons have the showers that the whole floor shares right?
& no, I’m applying for fall of 2014 as a freshman; just wanting to get everything figured out as soon as possible! :)</p>

<p>No, the commons is just a general area connecting 4 different dorms. Mosher shares bathrooms with suite mates and as far as I know, so do the other 3 in the commons.</p>

<p>The commons is also very close to Kyle field, and the MSC.</p>

<p>Okay, that’s very helpful! Thank you!</p>

<p>No problem!</p>

<p>There is lots of info online about the dorms, including room layouts. Start here for some more info. [On</a> Campus Living FAQs](<a href=“Housing Rules”>http://reslife.tamu.edu/faq/)
The basics are you will need to pick a room category by both style & price ( commons, modular, etc) Then Northside or Southside by dorm locations – with the exception of Hullabaloo (the new dorm), both types of rooms/prices are in North & South. There are pluses to each side of campus. For example, Northside is closer to Sbisa ( all you can eat dining hall ) while the Commons(southside) has a dining hall in their dorm. Classes wise- most freshman will be all over campus taking classes - so no real advantage to either. The old reputation was a more party oriented side was northside - but that seems to be not true lately- now the honors dorm is on Northside. There is a long list of dorms - all the features are listed. There isn’t a communications major dorm, but there are specific learning communities that are described in the link- many of which require applications for consideration of placement. Majority of students are not in LLC, they just pick a dorm. Good luck!</p>

<p>Does the Business School have a learning community dorm/preference?</p>

<p>muse3sqrd, there does not appear to be a LLC for business majors however, if you are looking for that sort of environment there are other LLCs that you can probably get a similar experience as the one that they have for engineering. These are the current LLCs:</p>

<p>Cornerstone Program Living Learning Communities
Corps of Cadets
Education and Human Development Living Learning Community
Engineering Living Learning Community
First Year in Moses Living Learning Community
FOCUS Living Learning Community
Honors Housing Community
Leadership Living Learning Community (L3C)
Science Scholars Learning Community
Terry Scholars Living Learning Community
Wellness Living Community
To find out more information on these LLCs, they can be found here: [Residence</a> Hall Living - Living Learning Communities](<a href=“http://reslife.tamu.edu/housing/llc/]Residence”>llc)</p>

<p>You would think there would be a Business LLC. There are procedures on the above link on how to develop an LLC.</p>

<p>Thank you for the great info!!!</p>

<p>Does anyone know which dorms tend to fill up first and when that happens?</p>