Dorm Decorations: Elephants

<p>Earlier this year when I was going through a health scare, a friend sent me a crocheted elephant for good luck. My D fell in love with it, and said she wanted me to make her a set for her dorm room in crimson, white, gray, and black.</p>

<p>I know I’m way ahead of the game, but here they are: </p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/vibe/the-university-of-alabama/?entry=image_1_88sfx1e4]Elephants[/url”&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/vibe/the-university-of-alabama/?entry=image_1_88sfx1e4]Elephants[/url</a>]</p>

<p>im sure your D will absolutely adore it!</p>

<p>Love 'em! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Very cute! I’m sure your daughter will love them!</p>

<p>I think you’re going to get some orders! Very cute!</p>

<p>And, if you could stitch Greek letters onto them, they’d probably sell like hotcakes.</p>

<p>^^^ It would be fairly easy to embroider some Greek letters on them. </p>

<p>Each one takes about two hours to make, so I doubt anybody would pay me what I feel my time is worth to make one! LOL</p>

<p>DD crochets, too, though, so she could always teach everybody in her dorm how to make them.</p>

<p>They are just adorable…so cute!</p>

<p>I bet if you took those to various craft fairs around Alabama you could make a lot of money. Agree with M2 about the Greek letters. See if you can get a contract with the Supe Store.</p>

<p>very very cute, I would love one</p>

<p>Anybody who knows how to crochet (or wants to learn) can easily make these elephants. The pattern is available for [free</a> download](<a href=“Amigurumi Elephant Pattern (Crochet) – Lion Brand Yarn”>Amigurumi Elephant Pattern (Crochet) – Lion Brand Yarn) at the Lion Brand yarn website.</p>

<p>I run a big crochet forum, so let me know if you want any help figuring out how to make these. If you’ll be on campus in February with a student who’s participating in the Honor Band, I can even give you lessons in person!</p>

<p>Thanks for the link. </p>

<p>I used to crochet when I was a little girl, but it’s been a long time (LOL).
I may just give it a try.</p>

<p>The patterns are nothing more than single crochet, around and around, with a little bit of increasing and decreasing, then you sew the parts on to the body.</p>

<p>I did make a slight modification, though. I didn’t think they were stable enough on their own, so I put two pennies in the base of each foot. The pennies add just enough weight so the elephants don’t tip over easily.</p>

<p>I also just sewed on eyes made of yarn instead of using the plastic safety eyes the pattern calls for. Mainly because I started the first one on a Sunday, and Hobby Lobby wasn’t open that day so I could go buy some.</p>