Dorm Housing at the Brand-New East Edge Apartments

<p>Good to know! DD is moving into Building One on Sunday.</p>

<p>Well, we arrived for move in to find a disorganized mess. We cannot even get into the parking lot because it is being paved and then striped…very frustrating.</p>

<p>Sorry Bamagirls. Any ETA on you being able to access the building?</p>

<p>Not what I wanted to read this morning. My son is also moving in today but he will be by himself. He is juggling that and band practice. Since I probably won’t hear from him, updates are appreciated.</p>

<p>Friend of D’s, also OA Leader was to move into a one BR last friday but has been in a hotel since arriving, when I spoke to D last night she thought this girl may be able to move in tonight…</p>

<p>Thanks for the updates, as unpleasant as they may be. Son arrives Saturday afternoon for move-in.</p>

<p>About 45 minutes ago someone posted a comment on the East Edge facebook page that the buildings hadn’t been inspected yet so nobody can move-in right now, and it appears that someone from East Edge responded with an apology and said that East Edge is working “with the City Building Inspector, Fire Marshall and General Contractor to get move-ins scheduled as soon as possible”. </p>

<p>I called UA Housing to see what they knew and if they had a plan for the UA housing students if they couldn’t move in on Sunday. The person I spoke with said they would call me back after they had heard from East Edge and/or the City regarding the whole situation.</p>

<p>Evacuating the complex now because they didn’t pass inspection or complete permits. We are being sent to the coliseum to await instructions.</p>

<p>what a mess!</p>

<p>To say this is a disaster is an understatement. All of d’s stuff is sitting in the building and valuables are not secured. The building is not finished and they are still paving the lot. The units haven’t been cleaned and the furniture and appliances are wrong. They had to call the police out And they are not happy.</p>

<p>This morning we saw people moving out at 6 am…out of other people’s units</p>

<p>“out of other people’s units”</p>

<p>huh?</p>

<p>^Perhaps some people wanted to move-in early, but the unit they rented wasn’t ready, so they were temporarily moved into another unit that was ready.</p>

<p>Yes…out of other people’s rooms</p>

<p>They did not grant early move in but they put the CA’s in other people’s rooms</p>

<p>^That explains it. Sorry you all are caught in the middle of this. I hope it can be resolved today, but I suspect that it won’t be. The CA’s can’t be too happy either.</p>

<p>D just received an email stating that the issue is with Building 3. The email stated that all UA students are being housed in Buildings 1 and 2 and they are completely done. It looks like once they get some sort of barricade around Building 3, move ins will begin.</p>

<p>Thanks for the updates. My son just called an hour ago saying the police turned him away. Of course, he checked out of his temporary housing thinking he would be moving in the apartments around lunch today. He is not sure what they are going to do. UA housings phone is swamped as is the apartments.</p>

<p>Back to band practice… please keep me informed.</p>

<p>I just spoke with the VP of the property. He advised us to get a hotel room but we cannot get in the apt to get clothes and such. The Yellow Hammer has rooms of your son needs one. We took the last one at the Hyatt. The news is here and it is a circus.</p>

<p>The issues are not just building 3. We are in 4 and it wasn’t ready either. The issues are with all buildings and it is pretty heated here between officials and the apartments.</p>