Dorm Housing at the Brand-New East Edge Apartments

<p>None of the buildings were cleared.</p>

<p>Ack!!! </p>

<p>So it’s Bldg 3 that is the hold-up with inspections? Seems odd. How different could it be from the other bldgs?</p>

<p>Personally, I hate selecting housing that hasn’t been completed yet. Seen too many completion dates slip. When older son was a frosh, he didn’t select Ridgecrest West because we feared completion would slip. We took the risk when younger son picked Ridgecrest South the first year it opened. </p>

<p>Since this is an off-campus private entity, Bama may not have as much control as it would like even tho Bama is using it to house some kids.</p>

<p>Edit to add…just saw BG’s post…all bldgs?</p>

<p>Email D received stated the issue was with Building 3. If you look at the webcam, you can clearly see that there is construction still going on with two buildings. For those moving in today, I hope it all gets clear soon.</p>

<p>you could try best western (by o’charleys) has a room for tonight and tomorrow, but not friday or saturday</p>

<p>there’s a hyatt in tuscaloosa?</p>

<p>UA housing called me back and the info was the same as in the email mentioned above. I told the person that I spoke with that the reports on site are that the problem is more than just building 3. Hopefully, UA housing is getting information from more sources than just the management of East Edge.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. My son is busy with band so his phone is turned off. When he called at lunch he said that other band members were in the same situation. Apparently housing is going to do try and help them out since they are contracted through housing and are only there early because of band. Maybe some old spare dorm rooms around?</p>

<p>He will figure it out. I just feel awefull because I’m not there to help and he’s driving around with MY minivan full of his stuff. </p>

<p>Thanks again for all the updates since my son is off grid.</p>

<p>No, m2ck. It is all buildings…not just 3. Our email didn’t say that it was just 3 and neither did the Vp, the police and fire. D is moved in 4 and hers won’t pass infection. They didn’t get proper inspections. I saw it for myself and also spoke in person to several authorities face to face</p>

<p>Sorry. Hilton, not Hyatt.</p>

<p>randomparent - your inbox is full!</p>

<p>Many are breaking leases and posting it on Facebook. They knew it hadn’t been inspected and never said anything. We heard it first from very angry police before confirming in person. We can’t even get a change of clothes.</p>

<p>It isn’t what you can see on tower cam, it is what you CANT see. This concludes my updates.</p>

<p>Hang in there bamagirls! Hope it gets better for you soon.</p>

<p>Thanks ShamrockDad, I have now deleted a few messages. </p>

<p>bamagirls, Thanks for all the on site updates. Very helpful.</p>

<p>Yes Bamagirls, hang in there. How am I going to get my updates if you cut out? My son is clueless. He has more important things to do like learn the music for the new show. We will get through this.</p>

<p>Ok. I made it to the hotel for a much needed shower and I hope to be (and smell) like a new woman shortly. I will let you know what I hear and see. :).</p>

<p>Thanks for the encouragement.</p>

<p>New email says anticipate possibility of getting in buildings 1, 2, and 4…we shall see. When we left they were still laying asphalt for parking between 4 and 3.</p>

<p>At least that is a little hope!</p>

<p>Wow, they gave us a free tee shirt. I can’t bring myself to wear it but I am considering setting up a refugee tent city as the new East Edge tent city on the quad.</p>