Dorm Housing at the Brand-New East Edge Apartments

<p>Do they have any idea when building 3 can move in? I have only received the email saying it has been delayed. I came across this thread when I was looking up information about it. I know it is not the managements fault but it is frustrating not being able to move in on the assigned date, especially when they avoided telling everyone until so late.</p>

<p>Mayor Maddox and the UA are both involved now and are working to resolve the situation. We were told to go to Wings U for dinner and bring the receipt to East Edge. There is a large crowd gathered now being interviewed by Fox 6 News who has been there all day. We have been advised that building 4 may be able t move in and roccupy later tonight but no the te is to be determined later.</p>

<p>Daughter’s roommate suggested we all meet at Krispy and wait for it to open. We can camp out…it may be complete before all of East Edge! Lol</p>

<p>Thanks for the info!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s the spirit!!</p>

<p>Thanks most sincerely for all the updates. They are invaluable. </p>

<p>Your exasperation and frustration are totally understandable. Just keep your sense of humor intact, your problem-solving skills at your fingertips, and, for perspective, remember the mantra: This is a first-world problem.</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Building 3 status from a recent posting on East Edge’s facebook page:
"Update: Building 3</p>

<p>While we have made significant progress on Buildings 1, 2 and 4, there is still some work to do on Building 3. At this moment, we are not expecting the green light to move into Building 4 until Friday or Saturday.</p>

<p>We will keep you posted via e-mail and Facebook.</p>

<p>We have reserved rooms at a number of hotels if you are in Tuscaloosa from out of town and need lodging. As we said earlier, we will reimburse you for hotel expenses you incurr during this delay. If you would like one of the rooms we have booked, please call us at the office and we will direct you to one of the three hotels we’ve secured rooms. Office number is 205-535-3087. "</p>

<p>If anyone is waiting you must go to Coleman coliseum to park and walk over to await the all clear on buildings 1, 2, and 4, I don’t blame management for the delays so I can laugh now, but I do blame them for how it was handled. It seems now they understand the impact on everyone and are working to resolve it. Of course a shower helped my attitude and demeanor.:)</p>

<p>Still a no go and stopping on building 3 for now. Just announced not sure it will be tonight for any building due to fire related violations</p>

<p>Offering hotels to anyone and sent workers home</p>

<p>Will announce by building and likely building 4 first</p>

<p>Check Facebook or emails for updates</p>

<p>Getting really ugly right now and police were called</p>

<p>bamagirls,</p>

<p>Thank you again for all the updates. I guess we need to take a deep breath, get a good night sleep and get ready for battle in the morning. Seriously, thanks so much for keeping those of us who are far away in the loop.</p>

<p>Fire Marshall staying until whenever</p>

<p>Bamagirls, I am sorry that you, and all the others are going through this. And sorry it is getting so ugly that they had to call police.</p>

<p>Woodlands offering 300 dollar gift card to sign and no rad</p>

<p>no rad???</p>

<p>What’s that?</p>

<p>Sorry, no ra</p>

<p>East edge providing hotels and gift cards and not likely to open tonight</p>

<p>Bamagirls and everyone else, so sorry for your troubles. Hope it all gets resolved quickly. I’d choose a hotel with a bar and put that on East End’s tab, too!</p>

<p>Just took a tally of students and decided they will concentrate on building 4</p>