Dorm Housing at the Brand-New East Edge Apartments

<p>Bamagirls, I am so glad to see that things are working out, and you are in a much better state of mind today! I bet you smell better too! LOL</p>

<p>Bamagirls - thank you so much for the updates - will make the 12 1/2 hour drive a little more bearable!!</p>

<p>You rock, bamagirls. Thanks for being our boots on the ground.</p>

<p>Here is the latest from East Edge’s facebook page on the status of building 3:</p>

<p>"We regret to inform you that we do not anticipate opening Building 3 for move-in until Tuesday, August 21, at 5 PM.</p>

<p>We will continue to pay for hotel lodging until the building is ready.</p>

<p>EdR has assumed control of the job site from the General Contractor and has completely evaluated the actions and time needed to perform all the necessary work to obtain the Certificate of Occupancy.
We are expediting this work and, if completed any earlier, we will alert you so you can begin moving in.</p>

<p>We understand and apologize for the hardship and inconvenience the contractor’s delay has caused. We are doing all we can to correct the situation while working as quickly as possible to remedy it.</p>

<p>Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.</p>

<p>East Edge"</p>

<p>Thanks so much guys! If any of y’all ever need anything just stop by building 4, first floor.</p>

<p>We just ran out for lunch and I noticed they’ve made some “customer service” changes to let new residents know what to do upon arrival. They have also made HUGE strides on building 3 since yesterday. That’s great news for those of you who have children who will be living there. :)</p>

<p>They are getting close to finishing the resurfacing between buildings 4 and 3 which you cannot see from the tower cam. They have completed installing rails on the balconies and stairwells. There is a lovely staircase in the middle of the building which make it very attractive.</p>

<p>As far as details for those of you who are packing now, there are very generous cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms to allow plenty of storage. The laundry rooms are large enough for set of shelves as long as they aren’t extremely wide. The Umbra tension rods work very well to hang curtains, sheers, or blackout liners in the bedroom in addition to the blinds that are there already. The patio doors have vertical blinds installed. The cabinets are white and the hardwood is walnut. Floor plans differ with the combination of hardwood and neutral berber carpet. The walls have a very slight texture and are a light neutral color. Queen bedding fits fine on the full XL beds, but you will want a mattress topper. The furniture is also nice and is a rich walnut…The ceiling fans eliminate the need for a fan and include compact florescent bulbs. If you haven’t purchased a shower caddy, wait until you come to buy one. It’s wonderful having private bathrooms.</p>

<p>I think the movie theater will be a great place to watch football…I mean second to Bryant Denny.</p>

<p>And yes, Vlines, we do feel and smell much better today.</p>

<p>oh, my Randomparent, that is really going to mess up a lot of schedules! Are you a building 3 person?</p>

<p>^No, vlines, son is in building 2, but there was someone on here yesterday asking about the status of building 3 and I suspect others may be following this thread. I agree, it is going to mess up a lot of schedules.</p>

<p>For those following the tower cam, building 4 is the last building, the nearest to Coleman Coliseum and beside the new UAPD and the school of law. Building 3 is the tallest (5 floors) beside building 4. It houses the one person units and has the paid reserved parking beneath it. Building 1 is the one closest to the tower cam and sits directly across the street from DCH.</p>

<p>As I said, huge strides have been made since yesterday. I’ve heard they are waiving September rent for residents of building 3 in addition to providing hotels.</p>

<p>I received the email stating it would be Tuesday at 5pm before building 3 is able to move in, and it also said rent for September would be waived. I am not sure if the parking deck fee will be waived as well…it should though. I just hope they are able to finish it before tuesday!! I do not want to have to move all night and then be at class at 8am the next morning ��
Bamagirls, thank you so much for the updates!</p>

<p>I am confident they won’t repeat the problems they had yesterday. If anything, I think they will use an abundance of caution in making their plans for those of you who will be moving into building 3. The progress from yesterday is remarkable. I can see furniture in some of the units and many other changes from yesterday.:)</p>

<p>I’ll bet they waive the parking fee also. Since the area remains fenced and we cannot use it right now they are waiving our fee for the reserved parking…or they said they would.</p>

<p>I just went by East Edge (I am living in Tuscaloosa with my brother right now), so I was able to see the construction on Bldg 3. Things are coming along great! I spoke to a foreman who was very nice. He said that they are trying their hardest to get it finished and we will be in before school starts unless something drastic changes. He also said he was sorry that it was not finished, and it was mainly due to the weather here recently; it have been raining everrryyy day. One of the CA’s told me that they now have a new contractor that will finish the buildings. The other one was lying to them the whole time apparently. He also said that Tuesday is the date they gave us just to be safe, they don’t want to lie and say it will be done any earlier. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. No free t-shirt though haha. That is great if they will waive the parking deck fee. So excited to get moved in!!! :slight_smile: hope this helps any other people in building 3!</p>

<p>Thank you to everyone who has kept the updates coming. We are trying to patiently wait for Building 3 to open so this recent news is very encouraging.</p>

<p>Don’t worry. You’ll get the free t-shirt and goody bag when you pick up your key! :slight_smile: I’m glad you liked what you saw. Each building has slightly different characteristics that add to the community. I really like the staircase on building 3 facing building 4. It’s sort of majestic looking to me. :)</p>

<p>bamagirls: Ahh yes, it was beautiful. Yayyy for goody bags! haha. I walked around all of the buildings, and it is a lovely community. I think everyone will enjoy it once the move-in period is over! :)</p>

<p>erholl: I think it will be worth the wait! Let’s cross our fingers that it is finished before Tuesday!! I will probably be going by daily to check on the progress so I will try to post updates for you.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! We can hardly wait! Our daughter thought it was all a joke at first. She said we must have went to great lengths to keep her home a few days longer. ;)</p>

<p>You’re welcome! I am excited as well! Haha, I am sure she is enjoying spending a little more time with family before a busy school year starts. Also, (I’m sure you have already seen it, but just in case) there is a construction camera that allows you to view the apartments. It is very nice watching the progress, it makes it more exciting lol.</p>

<p>What site is the cam on/</p>

<p>Go to eastedgeapartments.com, then go to “forms and info.” It will be to the right of the page above a camera icon.</p>

<p>Hmmm… I just saw where someone has copied my posts and posted them on Facebook.</p>

<p>For those who will be moving in soon: The trash receptacle is behind Building 1 if you need to discard all of that packing material.</p>

<p>Building 4 has the leasing office and other amenities.</p>

<p>There was a torrential rain storm today. Television reception was knocked out temporarily due to the rain interfering with the satellite. It might be a good idea to have a weather radio or a weather app for your child. :)</p>

<p>Travel safely! :)</p>

<p>Here is the link to the tower cam, but you cannot see the construction area behind the buildings or between buildings 4 and 3 and 3 and 2. Workers are working diligently to get these buildings ready and make this a great place for your student to live and play. Mistakes were made earlier, but they are working diligently to correct them. :)</p>

<p><a href=“OxBlue Construction Time-Lapse Cameras”>OxBlue Construction Time-Lapse Cameras;

<p>Bamagirls, do you know who is the provider for Internet and cable?</p>