dorm living

<p>Tookie, just wondering why your son's GF doesn't like Meredith Dorm. I think the rooms are smaller, but is there another reason? It seems pretty central to the campus.</p>

<p>I was wondering, which boys dorms have the most parties and are the most social?</p>

<p>Can someone please give me an opinion on Hawkins Hall. I'm going to be a first yr grad student btw.</p>

<p>There will be partying in small groups at every dorm, some RA's are much more strict than others. I was in Wiley and we had a pretty good party crew. You usually head to the fraternities or apartments off campus, and tend not to stay in the dorms.</p>

<p>How are the dorms secured. When we visited, I seem to recall being told that the outside doors are open until 10pm. Is this true??</p>

<p>In view of VT's events, my preference would be for them to be locked at all times.</p>

<p>If I am remembering correctly from our tour, I believe the outer door that lets you in to the lobby and office area is unlocked, but the door the wings where the students live is locked at all times. This is a standard arrangement at many schools.</p>

<p>If what I heard on the radio is correct, the dorm where the shootings occurred was locked, and the shooter was able to get in anyway. The majority of fatalities occurred in a classroom building, which are never locked during the day.</p>

<p>Thanks AdvMom,</p>

<p>Glad to hear that the inside doors are locked at all times.</p>

<p>Re VT, yes most of the students were in a classroom. 2 of them were in a dorm which wasn't the shooter's dorm. My other child attends another school in Ohio, and their dorm's outside doors are always locked. </p>

<p>Just wondering how Purdue handled this. This event is pretty devastating for those of us that live in Virginia and for everyone.</p>