Dorm Personalities

<p>I recently recieved my housing application. I'll be a freshman in the fall of 2007..and i'm pretty clueless about which dorm(s) to put down. Which are the "best" dorms for freshmen? I'm somebody who likes to party hard on the weekends, but I need some quiet to study during the week. Which are the best dorms for a middle person like me?I'm a girl and I'd like to live in a co-ed dorm.</p>

<p>Read the descriptions online- even look at the loft instructions for more pictures, and the booklet, and you can Google Earth to see a view from the air. Most dorms are coed, most are mainly freshman since so many upperclassmen get apartments. Look at location- lakeshore versus southeast, this your biggest decision. Look at dorm style- oldest/newest, highrise, etc. If you can, take a trip to the campus and see them in person before you have to decide next spring. Do not have your heart set on any one dorm as you may not get your first choice if it's a popular one. Don't obsess about your ranking, remember that everyone there is at the same school and there are pros and cons to each dorm.</p>

<p>I'd go for the city dorms--they're known for partying hard on the weekends and doing the work when it has to be done. These dorms would be Sellery, Witte, and maybe Smith. The Lakeshore dorms party but not as much as the city dorms. Lakeshore doms are Kronshage, Sullivan, Schlicter and Bradely. Liz Waters is kindof in the middle. Good luck!</p>