Dorm questions

<p>Bama girl. Not yet. She has not applied for housing. She was just accepted to Bama on Friday. She has been late doing everything unfortunately.</p>

<p>well, i guess if they let her pay the deposit, there is a chance, but based on what we have been hearing, transfer students are pretty low on the housing list.</p>

<p>Did anyone ever second that if I chose an honors room at the honors time that I could be pulled from that room when my friend uses my proxy code?</p>

<p>And a question completely not related to dorms… When is the deadline to accept scholarships? I am asking this because I got the letters in the mail from UAB and Auburn to accept or decline a long time ago but not from Bama. I would assume May?</p>

<p>Yes, I think as long as she has your proxy code she can move you. As for scholarships, the deadline used to be May 1. You will get plenty of emails…you might check the UA website for more info or contact the scholarship office at scholarships.ua.edu.</p>

<p>If you are an honors student but have not turned in your housing deposit yet, what is the chance of getting a suite style room and being able to room in honors housing?</p>

<p>Find roommates who sent in their housing deposits early and you’re all set – if one roommate has an early selection time, they can pull in the other roommates. If you wait till your designated time, however, I don’t think your chances are great – but from what I’ve heard on here, spots do open up if you keep checking.</p>

<p>*If you are an honors student but have not turned in your housing deposit yet, what is the chance of getting a suite style room and being able to room in honors housing? *</p>

<p>I would suggest depositing ASAP. Last year, those that deposited in March did have some problems…I think they all eventually were able to get an honors suite…but that was after waiting til some kids changed their minds.</p>

<p>If you’re a NMF, then likely housing has “set aside” a honor bed for you in Riverside North. I wouldn’t use that as a reason to delay depositing, because you may want another building.</p>

<p>We haven’t turned in our deposit yet – DH wanted to make absolutely sure that the full ride was for real and that DS would get it, LOL. I will try to prevail on him to turn it in toot-sweet!!</p>

<p>Riverside North would be fine, I’m thinkin’. Swimming pool–cooool!</p>