Dorm residence hall or Private?

<p>I'm not sure which would be better for me. I would like a friendly environment, not too noisy. I would like a place where I can socialize and make friends, experiencing the college life :) I'm not much of a big party person. I don’t mind having a roommate but I would like to live near campus as close as possible. As for money, maybe something decent priced? If private is a better choice, which ones do you recommend? Cause I’ve gotten a lot of letters from different ones and they all look great lol.
If it makes a difference, I’m in L&S</p>

<p>Thanks guys!</p>

<p>Get a lakeshore dorm. Not as noisy as southeast while you still get the full “college experience”.</p>

<p>Go with Res Halls- the public dorms.</p>

<p>I would also recommend going for the residence halls, and specifically lakeshore. It’s easy to socialize, and it’s quite a bit quieter than the southeast dorms.</p>

<p>The price of a double is not bad when you live on campus (I think it’ll be about $6400 next year). Really not a bad price. </p>

<p>For a freshman in your situation, the dorms will suit you just fine.</p>

<p>I’m gonna apply to Bradly Learning (BLC), do you think that is a good choice?</p>

<p>Absolutely. Plus you have a better chance of getting into it. Chadbourne would also be a good choice.</p>

<p>If when you can list your choices of dorms you put Bradley as one of your top three, you are virtually guaranteed a spot in it if you want, and you actually get to pick your room, before the other freshman/people new to dorms are even assigned their rooms. Good deal, if you want to live there or don’t want to risk getting assigned to a hall you don’t want. All of the dorm’s learning communities (MLC, ILC, Bradley, Chadbourne/Barnard) follow this sort of thing. </p>

<p>Bradley is all freshman, which is not for everyone, however it’s great for others. Might even be easier to connect with people, since everyone is new to college (save for the house fellows). Depends on what you’re looking for. Historically, I don’t think Bradley has ever been too loud. There’s also the seminar course you can take, which opens up even more opportunities to get to know people in your hall. It’s nice because it’s a small community on a very large campus. I’ve taken seminar classes through in the dorms, and I really enjoyed them.</p>

<p>So it depends. It’s not a bad dorm at all. I think you can get a great experience out of it. :]</p>

<p>Sounds good. Also rank nearby dorms high on your list.</p>