Dorm room details for RCS-North Tower

<p>i have a few questions about the dorm rooms in RCS-North Tower. Do we need to bring a shower curtain and/or rod or is that provided? Do we need to bring a curtain rod for the bedroom or is that provided? What size curtains are recommended for the bedroom? Does the refrigerator have an icemaker or do we need ice cube trays? How big is the door opening for the bathroom cabinet below the sink? Are the bedrooms big enough for a tall bookshelf if the bed isn’t lofted? Where would one store their bike? </p>

<p>Also - unrelated to specific dorm rooms, is it acceptable to rent a cargo van from Budget Rental car to travel with dorm room supplies? Just want to make sure this isn’t too big. </p>

<p>Also - are bikes used alot on campus? Is there a problem with bike theft?</p>

<p>there is a shower rod and curtain. if it is heavy white plastic. if you want something prettier, bring it. i took the white one off and put up my own curtain and liner.</p>

<p>no rod in the bedrooms. we didn’t put a curtain up there. there are a few ways to do it, but someone else who has done it might know more than i do about it.</p>

<p>no icemaker. need trays.</p>

<p>the cabinets under the sink are normal size. probably similar to the cabinets under your sink.</p>

<p>depending on how you set up your furniture, there may be room for an additional shelf. if not, a folding shelf is good to put on top of the desk or dresser.</p>

<p>bike - outside in a bike rack.</p>

<p>a cargo van will be overkill. we fit all my daughters stuff in her ford escape when she first went. after the initial trip she added a tv a shelf some wall art a rug and pillows, so her stuff doesn’t all fit in her escape anymore. </p>

<p>i don’t know about bike theft, but any unlocked bike on a college campus isn’t safe. someone will hop on and ride it to their next class and it may turn up later.</p>

<p>*“Also - unrelated to specific dorm rooms, is it acceptable to rent a cargo van from Budget Rental car to travel with dorm room supplies? Just want to make sure this isn’t too big.”</p>

<p>We don’t have an SUV and we found that renting a minivan worked great for moving our D in and out her first year. In most models the back seats collapse and go into the floorboard so it there is a lot of room. Between that and our D’s car, it was perfect. Good luck!</p>

<p>You’ll need a tension rod to hand curtains in the dorm. Window widths are on the website. The length is also listed there. The 5th floor has some windows with different dimensions than most (longer).</p>

<p>There are bike racks in front of the dorms, under the dorms in the parking deck, and covered racks in between RC E & W. There was indoor bike storage on the 5th floor last year…I guess it is still there.</p>

<p>A tall shelf will fit in the bedroom and is very useful.</p>