Dorm Rooms 2012

<p>Can anybody help me? My daughter has been accepted to The University of Alabama,we’ve applied for housing paid all the necessary fees,and when it cam time for room selection on May 7th, 5 minutes after the online process was opened there were no rooms available in any of the halls. it keeps saying that rooms open up periodically throughout the selection time ,which is up on June 29th. I have been checking the website everyday after 4pm and there are never any rooms. She is a freshman and has to live on campus and I’ve paid a deposit. Is it possible she may not get a dorm room?</p>

<p>I would call</p>

<p>Do they have a message board to find roomates?perhaps she could team up with someone who has been assigned a room.</p>

<p>Spaces will open up in one of the dorms. Upperclassmen have until June 1 to get their deposits back and many will so they can live off campus. There will also be students who have deposited at more than one school and decide to go elsewhere. Contact Alicia Browne with Housing and see if there is a waiting list, but I don’t think you’ll have a problem if you just keep checking. I’ve never heard of a freshman not getting housing at the UA in the end, but that is a reason for making the housing deposit early. She should check out the FB page for incoming freshmen or the roommate finder for the UA and she may find someone who would pull her into their suite/room. Good luck.</p>

<p>Your D will get a room. You should post on the Alabama forum…</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama - College Confidential](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/]University”>University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums)</p>

<p>You need to keep checking everyday around 4pm (Alabama time) because that’s when Housing will indicate that new rooms have opened up.</p>

<p>there are some upper classmen holding onto rooms who will be moving off-campus. They have to make their final decision quite soon, so those beds will become available. Bama also has some rooms blocked off for NMFs who have indicated that they will be attending, but as in other years, some will decide to go elsewhere…then those rooms will get released.</p>

<p>There are also some incoming frosh who have “double deposited” and will likely go elsewhere…their rooms will open up as well.</p>

<p>In the past, when there has been a room shortage, Bama has leased blocks of VERY NICE apartments and given upper-classmen the opportunity to take those spots so that their rooms will open for frosh. </p>

<p>Seriously, I wouldn’t worry. Your child will very, very likely get a dorm room. This happens every year and in the end, kids get their dorm rooms.</p>