Dorm Selection

<p>I’m 99% sure that I’m going to Alabama, but my parents won’t send in the deposit until we visit in late February (I live in NY) and I’m 100% positive that I’m going there. I really want to dorm in Tut since it’s so close to sorority row, but will all the rooms be gone by then? I heard Tut’s the most popular dorm for freshman girls. Thanks in advance for your help!</p>

<p>Tut is VERY popular for freshman girls- especially those that are rushing. I am thinking that it will be hard to get in Tut if you haven’t paid deposit yet…</p>

<p>Okay thanks that’s what I was thinking… Do you know what the next best dorm for girls who are rushing is?</p>

<p>Hi my son and I visited last January and he did not commit till February. He was lucky and someone pulled him in a suite otherwise he would of had a problem finding housing where he wanted. If you are sold on ua then I suggest you speak with your parents about putting a deposit right away. In the north we are used to waiting until may 1 to commit but the south is different. Committing late may limit you on your housing. If your parents have any questions from an oos family please pm me. Good luck to you!</p>

<p>Yes, talk to your parents, if you are that sure you will attend you should deposit to get in line for housing.</p>

<p>If your parents or you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I am from your area.</p>

<p>Did you come to the NY special reception on January 14?</p>

<p>Good morning!
I’d like to add a quick note to this thread. Historically, Tutwiler has been the building of choice for women planning to join a sorority. However, about half the women who rush will be living somewhere else on campus.</p>

<p>Parham and Harris are also quite popular due to proximity to sorority row. However, students will be all over, even in the suite style buildings on the north side of campus.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>Okay thanks so much everyone! I’ll probably send in the deposit later today. I wish I had known how competitive housing is earlier… and no robotbldmom, I did not attend the special NY reception. It was near NYC right? I live in western NY.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if many girls who are rushing live in Burke? It’s close to sorority row, but I’ve never heard anything about it.</p>

<p>Can’t say for certain how many, but it definitely happens. Burke houses about 490 residents, male and female. Some of these students are athletes or band members who choose Burke due to proximity to their practice locations.</p>

<p>There are sorority women in pretty much every building on campus (with the exception of Paty and Bryant… all male!)</p>

<p>What’s the most lively, social dorm?</p>

<p>greengirl10: The NY reception was in Long Island, but there was also one on the following two days in CT and NJ.
Just an FYI for others, these receptions are a great way to learn about the university and get your questions answered. Prospective students: look for them sometime in November.</p>