Dorm Selection

<p>When you pay the enrollment deposit, you can request your dorm for freshman year. But do you also have to request your roommate at that time? Can you request your dorm now and then go back and add your rommmate request later? My D knows which dorm she wants but she hasn't really tried to find a roommate yet. Thanks.</p>

<p>If I recall correctly, you submit your dorm preference at the same time as submitting your roommate choice information. I don’t believe you can choose your dorm and then go back and add your roommate later. The reason being that if you could do this, what if you choose Hecht and your roommate-to-be indicates Stanford, then you decide to be roommates… then you have a conflict. </p>

<p>You have to submit both together, and dorm preference is given in the order that you submit your roommate information. Therefore, the roommates that are paired and submitted earlier are more likely to get their housing preference.</p>

<p>We actually encountered this situation last year. My son chose a dorm and his roommate, who he had not yet selected chose the other freshman dorm. The university contacted both boys after the roommate selection process. They had the opportunity to talk and mutually agree upon a dorm. They are both happily enjoying their freshman year together!</p>