Dorm - Vinyl Wall Decals

<p>We have had great experiences with vinyl wall decals from Target and Wall Monkeys at home (semi gloss paint).</p>

<p>Wondering if these would work in the dorms – Has anyone (or their student) used these in the dorms without damaging the walls when removed?</p>

<p>Saw it on one of the Housing photos in the suite kitchen and we’re hoping it works without wall damage. We love them at home.</p>

<p>We installed one of those white-board decals in DS’s room last year. It came off beautifully UNTIL we hit a hand sized spot where the paint had bubbled up. (We didn’t notice this patch when applying it.) Yep. Paint stuck to decal. I would just inspect the wall carefully - we showed the RA where the paint had raised (you could easily tell what happened) and thankfully was not dinged for the damage.</p>

<p>we used one. tore the paint right off the wall. if you heat it up with a blowdryer, i think it comes off easier.</p>

<p>This is a very good question.<br>
Since our students are staying put in the same suite, we just left it up on the living room wall and hoped they/UA would not try and remove it because it looked really cool. It was a large silhouette city scape of New York or London or something. (We have not received a bill for leaving it/damages.)
I will add that the walls are kind of a textured surface, and I did not think the decal would stick very well at first, but it lasted, and I’m curious now whether it is still up there. I hope so…we will see in August!</p>

<p>I used several of these in my daughters room last year with no problem. However, we only placed them on doors, not on the walls.</p>

<p>We use Fatheads at home. Vinyl stick-ons of sports figures and team logos. We haven’t had a bad experience yet removing them off the painted Sheetrock. The blow dryer is a great idea to loosen the glue.</p>

<p>DD had a vinyl monogram that she put on her painted wall in RCW. She had no trouble removing it and I have not received a “damage” bill for her room. She also used some vinyl decals from Target in the bathroom and removed them with no troubles.</p>

<p>We used quite a few decals in D suite in RCS. We had a rather large blackboard type vinyl decal that the girls used to write notes to each other. It was about 5’x3’…came off with no problems at all. All them did, all were from a variety of vendors. Could not even tell they had been there.</p>

<p>Thanks All!</p>

<p>I used a couple of decorative ones from Walmart in my dorm and they came off beautifully at the end of the year. It was basically colored electrical tape, so it stuck without being too overwhelmingly sticky (if that makes sense)</p>