Dorms... again

<p>Hi,
I read through basically every single dorm on the UW Housing website and narrowed my top choices down to these dorms. Can anyone provide some more detail / personal experience on them? I am looking for a more social dorm but I want my room to be quiet enough to study...</p>

<p>Liz Waters
Phillips
Cole and the Biohouse Learning Community
Sellery/Witte - how big exactly is the party scene there? I'm getting really mixed reviews. </p>

<p>Thank you all!</p>

<p>Liz may be the hardest to get. </p>

<p>You have chosen places all over campus. Do you want lakeshore or Southeast? Where do you want to spend your time evenings and weekends? Figure out which location most appeals to you. You are likely to find people to socialize with no matter where you live. Do you want the Biohouse? If so- that’s your choice and you will have likeminded people to be with. If not you need to figure out which end of campus to choose. All dorms have pros and cons so it is a hard choice but not to be too stressed over.</p>

<p>@wis75 Currently I feel like that I’m leaning towards Lakeshore. I’m asking about Sellery and Witte just because I’m curious about what Southeast is really like. I just need my room to be quiet enough for studying on weekdays - weekends I don’t really care. In terms of location, most classes should be neat Bascom, correct? </p>

<p>Just an FYI: the housing website states that you have an equal chance of getting your first choice residence hall as your last choice. So don’t count on your first choice. If you pick a learning community as your first choice, you have a much better chance though. Did you consider Chadbourne?</p>

<p>@M85, my daughter is planning on choosing the two newer Lakeshore dorms as first two choices, but I have tried to warn her to little avail that she should give some thought to where she may want to live if she doesn’t get into either of her first two choices, and that an LLC might increase her odds greatly, which would hopefully at least keep her from being assigned somewhere she doesn’t want to be. Do you have any insight on Chadbourne beyond what can be gleaned from the website?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Chadbourne is a good option its centrally located near bascom hill (where most freshmem classes are) and has one of the best dining halls on campus inside and its quieter than other some of the other SE dorms. However, it is seen as one of the more “nerdy dorms”
I would say if you were planning on living in SE you cant go wrong with sellery and witte they are your typical freshmen dorms. Although the rooms are small and they are seen as the “more social” dorms i have never had a particular issue with being able to get homework done because of the atmosphere. If the dorms get to loud (as freshmen dorms do) it is very easy and convenient to walk to the library. At any dorm on campus it basically comes down to this if you are disciplined you know when to study you will be fine whereve you are. But even if you live in either neighborhood (lakeshore or southeast) and are constantly trying to find the biggest party scene than you are too focused on the social aspects of college instead of a higher education that college provides.</p>