Dorms and roommates at SLO

I am an out of state student accepted for BS in Public Health. Can anyone give me info on what differentiates the housing options socially? Also, how do people typically find or receive roommates?

Unfortunately, I can’t answer your question, but I am commenting because I am also wondering. I am out of state accepted for mechanical engineering.

On my son’s portal there is a tab “What’s Next?” This talked about selecting housing once you have accepted your offer. My S is in state but not local also ME. It looks like you choose a housing/learning community first and that designates what building you will be in. There are LGBTQ, or Multicultural, or more subject based options. My son is leaning towards the CENG (college of engineering) area. Although last year that was in Sierra Madre and he’d love to be in the new Yak area. We saw it on a tour and it is really his style. I don’t know on the room mate specifics. We haven’t gotten that far. He’s still waiting to hear from Berkeley (but I’d vote SLO over B either way). Exciting times!

I have to update… it wasn’t under the What’s Next tab… it was under “Admitted Students” on the CP website. The tab won’t go active until you accept your offer. Sorry. It mooshed together in my head.