dorms and sleepovers? ;)

<p>I'm going off to college next year and I'll most likely be living in a dorm. So I was just wondering how dorms usually work if one has a boyfriend or girlfriend during college?</p>

<p>Do roommates usually go somewhere else for the night and give one privacy? Does this kind of stuff never happen at Madison dorms? What are the rules regarding this kind of stuff? Do people follow them?</p>

<p>As far as university rules are concerned the public dorms do not have a policy against having anyone, of either sex, sleeping over in ones room for the night. There is also no check-in policy for such events.</p>

<p>As far as the roommate goes, that is going to be simply up to the courtesy and respect for your roommate. In many cases your roommate will agree to give you some privacy for the night, or other times you may just luck out and he/she will be gone. In my experience most people shouldn't mind someone staying over while everyone is in the room if loud wild sex isn't involved. However, that being said - this is college and for many "anything goes."</p>

<p>The best thing to do is be open, and respectful to your roommates wishes. And you'll both work it out.</p>