Dorms fall 2013

<p>Hi, I will be a freshman next year at UW. I was wondering what dorms are mainly freshman. I really want to live in a cluster styled dorm on the southeast side of campus. But, I have heard that ogg and smith have more upperclassmen, and I would prefer to live with other first year students. I would like to know if any of you have any suggestions for me.
Also, I am not a partier and I'm pretty introverted.
Sent from my DROID4 using CC</p>

<p>Chadbourne Residence Hall</p>

<p>[Chadbourne</a> | University Housing at UW-Madison](<a href=“http://www.housing.wisc.edu/chadbourne]Chadbourne”>http://www.housing.wisc.edu/chadbourne)</p>

<p>Don’t set yourself up to be disappointed. Very few get their first choice dorm. You have to rank 14 choices. Sounds like Chad might be a good choice, but be sure to research several. You can look thru the hundreds of old posts about dorm choices, etc. You can use the search capability and see many years worth of the same comments and feedback. You can make any dorm what you want it to be. Personally, I think people spend too much time on the dorm choice and not enough on trying to find a roommate. Many on CC will tell you random is the best way to approach the roommate thing. I don’t believe that random works for everyone. I also don’t believe you need to look for a best friend. Shoot for someone compatible and be happy! Good luck.</p>

<p>All of your choices will be at least 50% freshmen, the other students, a minority, mainly sophomores. First figure out which end of campus- Lakeshore or Southeast seems better for you. Then rank those dorms first. Don’t worry about a random roommate either, most work out. Think about where you want to be evenings and weekends to decompress. You can be as social or not as you choose. Consider architecture, eg age and high-low rise buildings. No matter where you end up the food choices will be similar (and you can join friends anywhere for meals). As above- many good old posts to read.</p>

<p>Hello! Do you know usually when dorms will be completely filled by the upcoming freshmen?
I am scheduled to visit UW-Madison this Saturday, and I am worried about if dorms will all filled by this week…</p>

<p>Read the Housing pages on the Wisc web pages. You’ll find answers there and your fears about Dorms being filled soon will be alleviated.</p>

<p>Alright. Thank you for all the great advice. :)</p>