Dorms - Public

<p>I got the packet on the residence halls (Lucky, Regency, and Highlander), but I cannot find anything on the other dorms like the Ogg, Stateside, Towers, etc. Anyway I can get a link or some help on these dorms?</p>

<p>Im from AZ so I wouldnt know anyone in Wisconsin. Therefore I'd be looking for a dorm that is easy to meet people. Not sure about the other categories I should talk about, but any type of help would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>What? Lucky, Regency and Highlander aren’t dorms/residence halls. They’re private housing. Statesider and Towers are private, too. </p>

<p>If you want to know more specific information on the dorms through the university, like Ogg, Smith, Sellery, Tripp, Adams, Slichter, just go to the University of Wisconsin Housing website. No, I’m not going to link you, because you can do that yourself. </p>

<p>When you’re making the decision to live in the dorms, most people suggest to pick between Lakeshore or Southeast locations first, and it’s a good rule to go by. You can search for past threads here on the subject matter, because there’s plenty of information on all the housing options in old threads. </p>

<p>The Southeast dorms are typically much bigger than Lakeshore. In Lakeshore, smaller dorms are typically part of a larger community (TAS, KroCS). As an example, Slichter houses 200 people, and Sellery houses 1,150 in two different towers. The stereotype is that Lakeshore is more laidback, and Southeast is more “party”, but you’ll meet people anywhere, and there’s all types of people in both locations. Some people say Smith and Ogg tend not to be as social, but I can’t attest to that. You probably wouldn’t get placed there anyway, as you’re not guaranteed the building you want (and you’ll learn about that later).</p>

<p>There’s also communities to consider living in. You can check out which ones are offered in the link I’ll send you. So generally, you’ll meet people in any dorm. It’s what you make of it. Biggest difference between the dorms is location, amenities, and size.</p>

<p>I will link you this, though, because it’s kinda hard to find, although it’s the one for this year, not 2010-2011. <a href=“http://www.housing.wisc.edu/assignment/pdf/hall_chart.pdf[/url]”>http://www.housing.wisc.edu/assignment/pdf/hall_chart.pdf&lt;/a&gt; You can tell by looking at a map which ones are lakeshore/southeast (and they’ll tell you in the housing packet you get in the mail), but Adams, Bradley, Cole, Elizabeth Waters, Friedrick, Kronshage, Slichter, Sullivan and Tripp are lakeshore, while Barnard, Chadbourne, Merit, Ogg, Sellery, Smith, Susan B Davis, and Witte are southeast.</p>

<p>It might be worth noting that Bradley is all freshman, so if you’re looking for that, it’s there, and you don’t need to worry about Tripp, Susan B Davis and Merit because they’re all upperclassmen only.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>