Dorms You Chose?

<p>Hey All, </p>

<p>I personally chose:</p>

<p>1 - Smith: New (Made it #1 for me), walk-in closets, still in SE area near all the action among other things...
2 - Sellery: Brother was in Sellery a couple years ago (5 or so). He said it was fun, essentially a tossup with Witte. A lot of people also keeps things interesting.
3 - Witte: Sister stayed here 2 years ago, said it was good, but didn't recommend it as #1 choice, as it was composed of A LOT of Wisconsin natives and she felt a little out of place (coming from a semi-urban area of Illinois).
4 - Liz Waters: I figured, out of all the lakeshore dorms, this is the least detached from the rest of the campus. The location and the pics online looked pretty nice. </p>

<p>As for the other choices I don't even know anymore. Anyway I don't think I put any thought into their selection, as odds are people get one of their top 3...</p>

<p>So, what were your choices, deciding factors etc...</p>

<ol>
<li>Smith - New, walkin-closets, good location</li>
<li>Liz Waters - on the lake, good local, nice pics</li>
<li>Chaborne - dunno why</li>
</ol>

<p>Cant remember the rest</p>

<ol>
<li>Sellery - have some friends staying there and I heard its the best one for having fun :D</li>
</ol>

<p>2.Ogg- I stayed there for Wisconsin Real and I really liked the set up of the rooms(split sides)...even though the place is old and all, I still liked it</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Witte because its downtown...haven't been in there but I'm sure it isnt bad</p></li>
<li><p>Smith b/c..well its new but everyone choose it and I think its going to upperclassmen first anyway even though I wouldnt mind the new dorms and all hehe</p></li>
<li><p>Liz Waters because I heard its the nicest lakeshore dorm even though I don't want to be on the lakes</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I chose adams hall as first choice. smith was my 3rd....hows adams hall?</p>

<p>liz was my 1st choice..closest to the campus
2nd adams--again, location..isn't it gonna b tough walking in snow PLUS -20 degrees?
anyways smith was my last choice...+$750 is just too much..</p>

<p>just visited, looks like Liz Waters and Smith were the best 2. Smith isnt really close to being finished but they say it will be done for the fall. It was 65 and sunny when I was there and lots of people were out on the grass near liz waters hanging out by the lake. All the dorms down near state street and the non-lakeside dorms looked really dated and a lot of the campus had the frank lloyd wright style which is common in academia. Anyways, I think my top 3 choices were the best, although Im not so sure about Chadborne.</p>

<p>Yeah, for awhile I had Chadbourne up near the top of my list (Sister highly recommended it), but the more I read about it, the more it seemed not to be what I was looking for. I got the vibe that it's for people that want to be heavily involved in extra-curriculars and such. Personally, I'd rather just take it easy and take things as they come, at least for freshman year...</p>

<p>Love the screen-name dayne33. Hope we have one nearly as good for next fall.</p>