Dorms

What dorm is everybody planning on staying in or looking at? What are the chances of getting into the dorms you pick top 2?

Focus on the neighborhood first – southeast or lakeshore. Rank preferred dorms within each neighborhood. Consider a learning community if that is something of interest.

I If you want Sellery or Witte, chances are good you will get it, as those two dorms account for over 2000 freshman. But the smaller lakeshore dorms are much less predictable.

my top dorms are southwest, smith and ogg. i’m not much into the lakeshore atmosphere

I was planning on Chadbourne, anyone in the same boat hmu.

One student’s first choice will be another’s last one. Agree with post #1. Pick general area first- Lakeshore or Southeast. Consider any Learning Programs.

Next look at choices and rank per your priorities. No one can tell you where you want to live more than you. Even students in the same major will like different things.

Food service- you can eat in any Res Halls facility regardless of which dorm you are in. Many libraries to study in, regardless of your major. Pros and cons for each dorm. All maintained, some cost more for upgraded amenities. A lot of architectural variety to suit different tastes.

Caution on Witte. Construction into next school year and from what I’ve heard they’ll be going floor to floor for redos. When they come to your floor you’ll be relocated. Not sure if rumor or fact but further inquiry with the housing office may be in order.

I was planning on Chadbourne, anyone in the same boat hmu.

sorry for the double comment.