Dorms

<p>Which dorms are the nicest/largest/have the best location for freshmen?</p>

<p>Anything on the lower quad besides AJ, Pritchard, and Slusher would be a good dorm for a freshman. You won't get Peddrew-Yates if your not in the honors program and you won't get Cochrane, new res, or Harper because they are too nice for freshman. So that leaves you with Vawter, Barringer, Miles, Newman, Johnson, Oshag, Lee, Campbell, and Eggleston as the ok ones you actually have a shot at.</p>

<p>Barringer/Vawter don't look great on paper but I really liked Barringer when I lived there. It doesn't have AC but there are so many fewer people than in the huge dorms (pritchard, AJ, slusher) and it really makes a difference.</p>

<p>online, it says peddrew yates is for freshmen in the residential leadership community.... is it also for freshmen in the honors program?</p>

<p>my mistake, honors program is in hillcrest. all the communities get confusing. but its a very small chance any freshman not in honors or leadership or playing sports would get a suite or ac dorm. About a 50% chance if your a male, you get in pritchard or aj, which does suck.</p>

<p>dang, that does sounds awful</p>

<p>Eh, it's really not THAT bad. AJ is in a good location (really close to two of the biggest dining halls, right across the street from basketball and football stadiums.) Just get two box fans and put them in your window and leave your door open while you're in the room during the day and the heat is bareable. I made it through last year in AJ, so it's possible.</p>

<p>Pritchard still sucks though. :P</p>

<p>Just remember that any room can be kept cool through two box fans and an open door. Set em both in the window and set the most powerful one facing out and the other one pointing in. It creates a cool air flow and less papers blow off your desk.</p>

<p>i hate my life. i got prichard :(.</p>

<p>that stinks. aren't you an upperclassmen? i didn't know the assignments were out yet.</p>

<p>Yeah, that's pretty crappy. It's actually in an alright location though. Not right next to any of the food places but not THAT far from any of the major ones. Just hope you get a low floor. And make some friends in the air conditioned dorms. :)</p>

<p>no i'm a freshman. there was a big post on the VT class of 2012 facebook group about how you can find out. it shows what dorm you've been billed for.</p>

<p>i'm pretty disappointed... :(</p>