Double Major at AU?

<p>I reviewed some old threads, but a lot of them are about being able to double specific majors. How do double majors work at AU? Can you choose any subject as long as you meet the requirements and as long as they are from different schools i.e. 1 BA and 1 BS or BSC etc.</p>

<p>For example, would someone be able to major in Accounting and Political Science, or any other major in the College of Arts and Sciences?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>If you’re going to go to college in Alabama, better figure out who is AU and who is UA!!!</p>

<p>IF you are talking of THE University of Alabama, double majors are possible in lots of different areas and between colleges. My son is double majoring in Finance (business college) and Political Science (college of A & S). I think you would be pleased with the possibilities.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Yes…Alabama is UA. The University of Alabama. </p>

<p>AU is the arch rival Auburn…so you don’t want to mix those up. </p>

<p>*How do double majors work at AU? Can you choose any subject as long as you meet the requirements and as long as they are from different schools i.e. 1 BA and 1 BS or BSC etc.</p>

<p>For example, would someone be able to major in Accounting and Political Science, or any other major in the College of Arts and Sciences?</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Yes, you can double major at Bama. However, Bama won’t let you name a double major at this point (incoming frosh). You can declare a second major after your enroll in August.</p>

<p>As an incoming frosh, you can only have one major declared.</p>

<p>You just have to fill all the req’ts.</p>

<p>They don’t need to be from “different schools”…a person can double major and get a BS in Bio and a BS in Chem…and both are from Arts & Sciences.</p>

<p>Wow, I didn’t think I’d get so much beef for a TYPO. I’ll triple read my posts next time. . .</p>

<p>Thanks for clarifying about the double majors though.</p>

<p>mom2, I applied, sent SATs, FAFSA, and next week will be sending official transcripts. I’ll let you know what the decision comes to be. Thanks for all your help on the forums here.</p>

<p>Mixing up UA and AU is like calling out the wrong name in the bedroom, only worse.
In both circumstances, something that will likely only be done once. :)</p>

<p>Definitely just teasing with you Turtlerock! We are all here to help as we have been helped! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>AU is auburn! I wouldn’t dare enter Tuscaloosa and mix that up.</p>

<p>But it got more people to comment. ;)</p>

<p>Yes, we’re just teasing you. </p>

<p>What second major are you considering?</p>

<p>Your decision should come shortly after your school transcripts are sent. It won’t take long. I’m sure you’ll be accepted.</p>

<p>Let us know if we can help you in any way.</p>

<p>Roll Tide (and cheer for Bama on Monday night! :wink: )</p>

<p>Just thinking about Poli Sci or a closely related field as more of an interest b/c of my military experience. I think a double major is a good way to get more bang for your buck as long as you don’t overload on credits.</p>

<p>Thanks for the encouragement.</p>

<p>Yeah, I should be catching the game on Monday.</p>

<p>Ah…Poly Sci</p>

<p>Also…there are some honors courses that have some military aspect. If you don’t qualify for honors going in, you can get accepted to honors after the first semester if your GPA is at least a 3.3. It might be interesting to take those courses.</p>