Double Major: Engineering

<p>Engineering majors and graduates:</p>

<p>In your own personal opinion, do you think it would be a good idea to double major in Aerospace and Mechanical? I plan to go to grad. school for Aerospace, but I really want to have a Mechanical Engineering background. I don't want to go into grad. school blind on Aerospace though, so I would like to have some exposure to that as well in undergrad. What do you think?</p>

<p>Double majoring tends to be a lot of extra work with a relatively small benefit. If you’re interested in mechanical engineering, just take a couple of ME courses that interest you. No need to overwhelm yourself with a ton of credits every single semester just to meet some requirements.</p>

<p>I have thought about taking some ME courses as electives, since I transferred in most of my CLE requirements. I started to plan out my courses over the next few years, but I found that most of the ME classes I want to take are major restricted. I am unsure if I can actually petition to take those courses. Is there a way around the major restriction?</p>